Better amp for my vinyl set up?

How would a sansui au 101 pair with my beovox s75 speakers? will it be a mismatch and damage the speakers? or the other way around?

The 101 is a sweet sounding amp, but a trifle underpowered.

Why don't you go for hemant's AU-D 7? That is a superb vintage amp and will go very well with you speakers. And it has enuff power for the times you want to crank it up!

Hi Tek

It will be a good idea to check out the Sansui AU D7. Also there is a Heybrook HB 1 speakers for sale on Quikr. Check that out too. I have never heard them but people speak highly of it.

@Tek
even if you spend 10K for an amp your rig is never going to be budget one as you have already spent around 60K (approx.) for TT+cart.....then why such a low budget?? moreover it depends upon your room size, sound preference etc.

I am using Pro-ject Debut III (NOS)+CA 540P which are absolutely budget stuff and they sound clear, powerful, reasonably detailed and smooth with Norge 1000+ WHF 10.2, I tried to keep the whole chain absolutely low budget

frankly speaking you should save some money and later spend on a powerful and SQ-wise rich amp, then only P3-24 and DL 110 will speak for themselves

I gave this suggestion because it didn't seem to me that you are on a tight budget and in my opinion you have bought two outstanding piece of equipments, then why compromise now?

another suggestion from my past experiences, never compromise on a record quality, don't buy scratchy stuff, wait for the MINT copy, and when you see them go all out to buy it. a new LP will give you heavenly pleasure, you will feel every instrument playes around you in your room

my 2 cents only
Arnab

+1 to that
Tek, the new rega will in all probability start you on a long journey since now you have a good quality and reliable source.
Look at things long term and upgrade (if you are convinced and after actual auditions if possible) in stages.
Best of luck.
Cheers

Thanks guys. I understand your point akd, it's a very valid one. However, when it comes to the amplifier, I am quite confident about buying good quality vintage amps, especially Sansui ones. I don't want to do anymore expensive upgrades unless I do them in a major way, which will probably happen in 2-3 years time when I renovate my flat (big plans for a long time!)

@ G401Fan - those speakers look sweet, but don't think I cna budget for those right now. Maybe if they haven't been snatched up in a couple of weeks I could grab em! Thanks for the lookout though, keep em coming! :D

what do you guys think would be a better Sansui amp.. the AU 222 or the AU 317? Able to get both at the same price.

If you want to upgrade to an integrated amp and get into entry level high end I would recommend the Cambridge Audio or NAD entry level integrated amps.

These are not very high priced (approx $300 usa).

These amps will be far better than any mass market stuff.

I am not familiar with the phono stage you have but NAD and Cambrdige also make well regarded low priced phono stages. Your turntable and cartridge are nice. I used to own a DL-110 for several years!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back