Beware of Babbudi85

yugaaa

Background - I had bought the stuff listed on this site in the "for sale " thread .
http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owne...41720-pair-fountek-neocd1-ribbon-tweeter.html

Even though the listing was just for the drivers , I had paid some money extra for the crossovers as the OP ( vikram joshi ) had the crossovers which were meant to go with the drivers for the speaker building project .

Once the payment was made the shipping was abnormally quoted high and I told him that I could pick up the material or I can arrange for someone else to pick it up .

While in mumbai the following month I tried to contact him over phone and I could not reach him . The phone no. was changed apparently and I was successful in contacting him after a year .( i had to play as a new customer using his e-mail id ) . When I established contact with him , he confirmed that he sent me the products via Blue dart a long time back . I asked him to check with blue dart as he mentioned that he had a corporate account and again after a week I tried reaching him over phone . He had changed his no. again and was unreachable again .

Last week , he posted another item on the "for sale " thread here and after I mailed him , he took out the listing and disappeared .

I am also aware that he uses multiple IDs on this forum as well . I request caution in dealing with this gentleman Vikram Joshi . First contact no on this site 9819197726 . Change in contact no . last 7506368777 .

His mail id [email protected] & [email protected]
company name - Raaga Prosound

Mods - please remove if the thread is not appropriate

Mods if the above is true
strict action should be taken against this seller

He is using ( misusing the forum )

his IP should be banned peramanently from all hifi vision affiliates

searched for Raaga Prosound
and got this:

Mr. Vikram
Address : A/102, Panchratnamahal Chs, Opp Jupiter Plaza, Anand Nagar, Manpada Rd, Dombivli-east, Maharashtra, India

FM's from Dombivili, please see if you can help FM yugaaa get his drivers

WTH, Why did'nt you complained in police for this cheater. Heck! these guys are like bad fish which spoils the whole lake. How will one trust another person over internet if things like these keep on happening.

and got this:

Mr. Vikram
Address : A/102, Panchratnamahal Chs, Opp Jupiter Plaza, Anand Nagar, Manpada Rd, Dombivli-east, Maharashtra, India

Appreciated Keith

and got this:

Mr. Vikram

Hello Keith , Mr. Vikram seems to have shifted from there .

Update :

I got hold of Mr . Vikram contact no. after he posted a for sale thread on this forum last week . I had to register a new id to get it . I also left him a msg on this ID which he did not bother to reply , but I did get his contact details within minutes of expressing interest on the product he had listed for sale . I msgd Mr. Vikram today on whatsapp and it seems he does not have those items which were supposed to be sent to me . He is "travelling " at the moment it seems and he has asked me to msg me tomorrow afternoon .

I had posted in another thread. It would help tremendously if a sticky thread was created by the mods for the rules that should be followed during buying/selling transactions. While we may never be able to safeguard against outright fraud 100%, at least we can minimize it greatly by following the ground rules. It causes so much anguish to read threads like these.

Some thoughts I had penned earlier: http://www.hifivision.com/amplifier...en-purchasing-used-amplifiers.html#post661396

This is indeed disheartening and bad for this excellent and honest forum.
I have had many excellent experiences buying used here. Not one gone bad. A few quibbles at most.
Best to buy from FMs who post regularly and are well known with high reputation points.
When unsure, try to get help of any other FMs from the seller's city. I would say most, if not all, would be willing to help.
There is no search option for FMs from a particular city. Would mods be able to help locate such FMs via PM?

I msgd Mr. Vikram today on whatsapp and it seems he does not have those items which were supposed to be sent to me . He is "travelling " at the moment it seems and he has asked me to msg me tomorrow afternoon .
So he lied when he said that he'd sent it to you? I hope you get your money back.

You should report the matter to Police without delay.

Well, i am from chennai and he is from Mumbai or Gujarat .Going to the police is not feasible . More than the money , I hate the attitude of the seller .

So he lied when he said that he'd sent it to you? I hope you get your money back.

Yes , he lied to me after a year . When the sale was being discussed , he used to call so many times to finish the deal . I was a bit suspicious , but I did finally go ahead and deposit the money . After that I had asked him to ship the material on topay basis , but he said he would not be able to do it and demanded Rs. 3000 to ship a couple of drivers from Mumbai to Chennai . That was when I told him I would arrange to have the drivers picked up from his place or I would pick them up when I travel to mumbai . Unfortunately , After a month when i was in Mumbai I could not reach him as he had changed his no. by then .

Attaching the whatsapp screenshot

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
Before interacting with any seller ensure following simple self check.

1. Joining date in the forum, if a new joinee ignore, if not goto 2
2. Check number of posts, Over 50? goto 3
3. Check reputation points, reputation points received by good posts. In case member have good reputation goto 4
4. Go through few random post of seller, that gives a clear indication why he is here. If majority of reply are like "I agree", "amazing information", "thanks for sharing","nicely done" then you can be sure it is the trick to increase number post there by getting eligible to sell in the forum.

I Never bought items from new forum members and those one line posters. Among those 10-15 buy/sell except one case I never had an issue with a buyer.

So many things have been said without knowing facts. It is very easy to tarnish someones name.

I am answering this just bcos I was a diyer before becoming a professional and still am diyer at heart.

I don't have to prove anything. Still I will share whatever details I can.

Now I don't have 2 year old courier or message records of drivers I sold to Diyers. Never had need to keep them.
I never called Yugaa. I have no need to do so. I am a professional and I don't call people to sell my goods.
I am sure if any call would have been made. It would have been to give driver details.

Drivers were couriered by to pay as per Yugaa's given address. Deal done and finished. I did not hear from him again until about 1 year ago asking for same drivers saying he never got them.

I had no way of tracking 1 year old courier record as I was not in Mumbai. And I did not want a diyer to bear the loss if really did not get the package. I agreed to resend same drivers at my own expense. Wherein Mr. Yugaa discussed that he was going for DIY home theater speakers and expressed interest in other 6.5" drivers and tweeters I had at that time.

After which I did not hear from him until last week when he accused me of cheating him.

And Yugaa always had my personal email.

Even after that just to close the matter. I again agreed to import the drivers at my own expense and asked Yugaa to bare a part of shipping charge to which he has agreed.

Now I have goods imported through a friend in Mumbai by express delivery as he has a dealer account with parts express and has goods coming every month.
Goods have been personally picked from sorting facility.

I am in Mumbai for next couple of days and will send these drivers after receiving the shipping charges.

So many things have been said without knowing facts. It is very easy to tarnish someones name.

I am answering this just bcos I was a diyer before becoming a professional and still am diyer at heart.

I don't have to prove anything. Still I will share whatever details I can.

Now I don't have 2 year old courier or message records of drivers I sold to Diyers. Never had need to keep them.

I never called Yugaa. I have no need to do so. I am a professional and I don't call people to sell my goods.

I am sure if any call would have been made. It would have been to give driver details.

Drivers were couriered by to pay as per Yugaa's given address. Deal done and finished. I did not hear from him again until about 1 year ago asking for same drivers saying he never got them.

I had no way of tracking 1 year old courier record as I was not in Mumbai. And I did not want a diyer to bear the loss if really did not get the package. I agreed to resend same drivers at my own expense. Wherein Mr. Yugaa discussed that he was going for DIY home theater speakers and expressed interest in other 6.5" drivers and tweeters I had at that time.

After which I did not hear from him until last week when he accused me of cheating him.

And Yugaa always had my personal email.

Even after that just to close the matter. I again agreed to import the drivers at my own expense and asked Yugaa to bare a part of shipping charge to which he has agreed.

Now I have goods imported through a friend in Mumbai by express delivery as he has a dealer account with parts express and has goods coming every month.
Goods have been personally picked from sorting facility.

I am in Mumbai for next couple of days and will send these drivers after receiving the shipping charges.

I did not report anything for such a long time because I did not want to Intentionally tarnish or cause loss of reputation . I would not wait for such a long time and be patient if I did not care .

Mr Vikram .. you claim to have sent the drivers by topay without even informing me how much the courier would be charging me ? You claim that I had paid for the shipping on delivery and you got a confirmation that the material was delivered to me is totally absurd .

I do agree that it was I who called you after the listing on hifivision for obvious reasons . If you remember I had paid a booking advance initially and then paid you the rest of the money . Regarding the part payment , you yourself have acknowledge in the sale thread that you received a part payment . For the rest of the money to be deposited , you called so many times if you do not remember , but for shipping the item you never called /mailed me to inform me of the shipping charges , the courier tracking no .

After the money was deposited you wanted me to pay up Rs.3000 as shipping charges and my instruction was that I would pick up the drivers when I was in mumbai . I do not understand why you would courier the drivers without my consent .

Yes , I had enquired for other drivers as you had listed a few other drivers on the site . What is wrong with that ?

You did not hear from me after that as you had changed your contact no . and I had msg you on hifivision for which there was no reply . I had to search online to get your mail id and pose as a new customer to get your contact no . After that you again changed your contact no and you stopped replying to my mails . Last week you had put up a sale thread and seeing your thread I had to create a new ID to get your contact no. Once , I msgd you from my regular id you withdrew your sale , did not reply to my PM and when confronted ,you said that the mods deleted your thread and since you were traveling you could not reply to it . I have the history here on hifivision as well as on my personal email id . So please do not try to mislead the people on the forum that I did not take any pains to contact you .

On the 5th of this month , Mr .Vikram happened to see the thread and he called me . He said that he would not like his name to get tainted and he would import the drivers at his expense . He asked me to bear 50% of international shipping charges to which I agreed . He initially said he would be sending the drivers directly to me and asked for my address on whatsapp , which I sent him immediately . After sending the address he said it would not be possible for his friend to ship it to me directly , rather it would reach him and he would be sending it to me , to which I agreed .

Today he confirmed that the drivers have reached mumbai and customs have been cleared and he would be sending the drivers to me , if i deposited the 50% shipping charges to which I had agreed earlier .

Now , the actual point is I do import stuff from various parts of the world , My company has IE license and I also import stuff from amazon ,ebay personally . Never have I been able to do "express shipping " from any site which does shipping from US to India where the material reaches within 1.5 days . My experience with customs has been equally bad , never have i been able to clear the material within 4-5 days but Mr . Vikram has been able to get the material shipped and cleared within 40 hrs has left me bewildered . So I had asked for the order copy from partsexpress to which he said that the material has been imported by someone at some discounted pricing and he is getting the material from him .
So I asked him to send me at least mail me the shipping bill , so that I can deposit the agreed 50% of the money for shipping and he has given me an ultimatum , that either i deposit the money or not is up to me .

So how do I trust the person again and deposit more money ?

P.S - If you are a professional I expect to act like one . I am not bothered about the material or the money , but as I have repeatedly said over phone , please accept if you do not have the material rather than keep lying to me or anyone . It does not help your cause .

Last edited:
As I do not have any record of communication that happened between us 2 years ago. You can say anything as you like. i am not a fool to send goods without consent.

Again a lie Yugaa.

I did not call you. You called. I don't have any reason to hide.
Regarding express delivery. I have got material earlier also within 36 hrs from us. and in 7 hrs from china. At higher shipping cost.

Even if my contact no changed. my email has not.

Another thing I agreed to getting you images of shipment arrived for you. But you want complete invoice of listing that has been imported. which is not possible.

I cannot ask a importer to give his invoice which has his total import list. Wherein duty has been paid on goods combined and not individually.

I am in Mumbai till Sunday evening. see if you can pay the charges till then . afterwards I will not be entertaining any such message from you.

I am replying on this forum to make things transparent and end it once for all.

Since you do not have the communication which is very convenient for you I am attaching screen shots of the same for the reference of all .

Ok .. I called , you did not call . Let it be so .

Whatever is the shipping cost , never have i been able to get an item shipped and i am sure any other forum member would not be able to ship within 40 hrs and clear customs . Even if shipping can be done in 40 hrs customs will not be done . That is a big lie . period .

You do not have to send me the complete list of items imported . You could always send me the date of invoice . I am more bothered about date or even simple , when a purchase is done on an international site , they give you a tracking no . Please post the tracking no , and the courier which does not have the invoice details . I am not insisting on the invoice . A shipping invoice is fine or a tracking no . which is very simple for you to do , rather than beat around the bush .

All i want to establish is that the parts were ordered on the 5th and the material was sent on the 5-6th . Only then will I pay for the shipping . Do you think I would trust you again and be fooled ?

If you need a high res pic of the PM exchange please let me know . I do not understand why the image gets resized .

Attachments

• babbudi.jpg
    babbudi.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 175
  • babbudi.pdf
    111.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
And what are you proving by that.

That i did try to get in touch with you to have the material delivered ,you changed your no . which left me with no option to contact you and I had to entice you with a new buy to make your part with the no . you use .

At this point of time , I am asking for the invoice to prove to myself that you really have the material and will do the shipping when I deposit the money into your account . I also gave you an option of shipping the material and once I get delivery I would deposit the money into your account .

You want the money first , rather than deliver the stuff which again raises doubts . Why dont you send the material first instead of all this drama ? In the past on this same forum a member had sent me material and I have promptly paid the money for the shipping after the material reached me . This is an open forum and I would not lose my integrity for a few thousand rupees .

If any forum member from Mumbai can help , I am willing to consider depositing the money to the forum member . I hope the forum member can check the product for defects as well .

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back