Beware of ebay seller "jayashree01", real name Jayant Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Bass

Friends,
This is just to caution you against ebay seller "jayashree01". His real name is Jayant Sur, hailing from West Bengal. His listings on ebay are mostly for bollywood LPs. I bought few LPs from him and finally lost my money.

As things turned out:
-> I ordered a few LPs from him through ebay. The first couple of them arrived as expected. Later he contacted me personally through email and whatsapp and offered to sell directly.
-> I ordered a bollywood LP "Dance Dance" in April 2017 and asked him to ship it to one of our forum members in Bangalore (since I stay at Singapore). The LP was not delivered and the seller tells me that probably its lost in shipping so he can send me a second copy. I agreed.
-> This time I wanted him to ship it to me directly to Singapore so I decided to buy couple of more LPs from him and do a combined shipping to Singapore. I bought "Baton Baton Mein" and "Khatta Meetha" LPs and asked him to send all of them to Singapore.
-> NONE OF THEM WERE DELIVERED.
-> It was now January 2018. I was quite worried. I asked him about it, he again said the same thing, "He had sent it but probably its lost in transit". I was too naive to believe him again on the same excuse.
-> He promised to send me yet another copy of all 3 LPs at the soonest. I told him to send via Speedpost and send me a tracking number asap.
-> Another one month goes, no delivery, no tracking number even after repeated reminders.
-> Finally I asked for a full refund and that is when he showed his true colors and started getting very abusive.
-> I filed a Paypal dispute. But Paypal only allows disputes for transaction up to 180 days old so they registered the dispute for the later 2 LPs. The first LP (Dance Dance was out of 180 days range already) so no dispute could be recorded.
-> I got back the money for the 2 LPs through paypal settlement. Jayant Sur aka "jayashree01" did not even contest the dispute, probably because he did not have any evidence of any shipment.
-> Basically, throughout he had been lying. He never intended to send me any LPs. Who knows if he even possessed any of those LPs that he tried to sell me.
-> Anyway, I lost the money on the Dance Dance LP after a very disgusting experience with this seller.

Lesson learnt! Beware of such sellers and their tactics.

Thanks Dr Bass. He has been selling on the forum too. Recently he has been banned in this forum. I too have bought a few lps from him. But my transactions went smoothly. A couple of lps were not up to the mark. He readily exchanged them. But he does take a lot of time to deliver the lps. In my case he sent them by Blue Dart and sent me AWB, etc.

I prefer buying from the Mumbai suppliers. Most important thing is I can see them and buy

Thanks Dr Bass. He has been selling on the forum too. Recently he has been banned in this forum. I too have bought a few lps from him. But my transactions went smoothly. A couple of lps were not up to the mark. He readily exchanged them. But he does take a lot of time to deliver the lps. In my case he sent them by Blue Dart and sent me AWB, etc.

I prefer buying from the Mumbai suppliers. Most important thing is I can see them and buy

As I said Prem, the first couple of LPs that I bought was sent to me fine. It was only when he dealt with me on Whatsapp and email that he started this nuisance. There can be no reason for not delivering an LP for over 6 months! If he had it in the first place, that is.

Lying for 6 months without delivery and then denying a refund is in my opinion a very gross indication of his intentions

I found this Jayant very abusive too when i challenged him for the cost of the LPs. After a couple of post, i gracefully did not post on any of his LP sale post. Rather i dont even visit his post. From his abusive post you can judge his style. Not surprised.

Dr. Bass, the moment he wooed you on Whatsapp to stray away the deals from ebay, you should have become wary. ebay is a good security platform for getting refunds if your case is strong. So not worth taking the risk for saving some money via direct deal unless you know the seller very well.

Dr. Bass, the moment he wooed you on Whatsapp to stray away the deals from ebay, you should have become wary. ebay is a good security platform for getting refunds if your case is strong. So not worth taking the risk for saving some money via direct deal unless you know the seller very well.

Yea, but eBay also has a time limit of 60 days from date of purchase to file a refund or give negative feedback. So once that time bar has been crossed then eBay won’t help either.

Yea, but eBay also has a time limit of 60 days from date of purchase to file a refund or give negative feedback. So once that time bar has been crossed then eBay won’t help either.
That is a more than reasonable time frame to assess if the seller is cheating.

Yea, I trusted this seller a bit too far. Probably because we normally meet good and genuine people most of the times in our hobby.

Really sad for this to happen.
I have bought a couple of small lots from him. No major issues, fortunately. Only some records were not of claimed grade.

Hello Dr. Bass

Sorry to hear your loss. Pricing for this fellow is also abusive as his attitude . Good you got saved ultimately.

Sorry to hear about this, Dr Bass. In my limited interaction with Mr. Sur in one of his for-sale threads, he came across as unnecessarily defensive when asked what in my opinion were valid questions about the condition of his records, and he was borderline abusive in others. He also sells in a couple of Facebook groups I am a member of, and it's no better there. The prices are sky-high (can you imagine Rs. 25k for a Bollywood LP from the 60s or 70s? And we all know that what he marks as NM does not actually translate to NM in the standard grading system as is obvious from the pics).

Sorry to hear about this, Dr Bass. In my limited interaction with Mr. Sur in one of his for-sale threads, he came across as unnecessarily defensive when asked what in my opinion were valid questions about the condition of his records, and he was borderline abusive in others. He also sells in a couple of Facebook groups I am a member of, and it's no better there. The prices are sky-high (can you imagine Rs. 25k for a Bollywood LP from the 60s or 70s? And we all know that what he marks as NM does not actually translate to NM in the standard grading system as is obvious from the pics).

Totally agree!
In fact there was an email group that he had created, consisting of some of his ebay customers. I was part of that group. I wrote about this incident in that email group to get everyone alert about this guy. In his response he started sending me personal emails full of third grade slangs. I blocked him but it ultimately goes to show that he is a third grade man! A very low life.

A cheat is a cheat, whether across the counter on a brick and mortar shop, or the faceless internet. File a police case. Make him feel the heat.

A cheat is a cheat, whether across the counter on a brick and mortar shop, or the faceless internet. File a police case. Make him feel the heat.

Absolutely jls001. A cheat is a cheat! I am at Singapore so I can't do it immediately. I will be visiting India next month and file a case against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back