Beware of this member Vinod_david

Status
Not open for further replies.

niftianmadhur

I wanted to inform the forum members to be careful when dealing with this member Vinod_david who is a well known member and is from Chennai. I recently bought a pair of analysis plus speaker cable and I have specifically told him that I need 4 meters of speaker cable( 4 meters each side) as per my need and we agreed on the price and he said he will send me 4 meters pair. After transferring me the pictures of the packing and all he did the courier after 3 days and he said it was closed for some reason. I was not in a hurry so it was fine. Then he sent me a DTDC tracking number and said the parcel will reach me in 2 days. I waited but it did not reach and the tracking number was showing invalided. I called him and asked them he said that it was a mistake from courier guy and he will send it again. He finally sent by professional courier and it reached me. After receiving, I checked that the cable length was 3 meters and not 4 meters as promised by him. I called him and whatsapped him but no response for 1 week. Today he picked the call and said that he measured and sent 4 meter length and cut the call and now his phone is switched off. Since this transaction was not of high value, I am not much concerned but still wanted to point out so that other members be careful while dealing with him. I didn’t expect this from a well known member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i had also contacted him for these speaker cables.
However the name of the cable changed 3 times. So didn't go ahead.

Even I had a doubt that these cables might be fake as it looks bit different compared to what I found on google search.

Isn't this member a dealer of some sort? He represents or used to represent AV lounge. I saw somewhere while researching some brands that he also has/had a demo room under AV lounge brand.
He sold a lot of the brands AV lounge carries in the forum.
Cheers,
Sid

He might be categorized as a well known member but his post history indicates that all of his posts are in "i am listening to" thread.

Isn't this member a dealer of some sort? He represents or used to represent AV lounge. I saw somewhere while researching some brands that he also has/had a demo room under AV lounge brand.
Cheers,
Sid
For a short period. But no more and I think he also closed shop. Possibly dumping left over or demo stuff none of which have any warranty

I wanted to inform the forum members to be careful when dealing with this member Vinod_david who is a well known member and is from Chennai. I recently bought a pair of analysis plus speaker cable and I have specifically told him that I need 4 meters of speaker cable( 4 meters each side) as per my need and we agreed on the price and he said he will send me 4 meters pair. After transferring me the pictures of the packing and all he did the courier after 3 days and he said it was closed for some reason. I was not in a hurry so it was fine. Then he sent me a DTDC tracking number and said the parcel will reach me in 2 days. I waited but it did not reach and the tracking number was showing invalided. I called him and asked them he said that it was a mistake from courier guy and he will send it again. He finally sent by professional courier and it reached me. After receiving, I checked that the cable length was 3 meters and not 4 meters as promised by him. I called him and whatsapped him but no response for 1 week. Today he picked the call and said that he measured and sent 4 meter length and cut the call and now his phone is switched off. Since this transaction was not of high value, I am not much concerned but still wanted to point out so that other members be careful while dealing with him. I didn’t expect this from a well known member.

Lesson of the day ( I recall saying this in another post in the past!).

If you are not from the same location, ask for help from friends / relatives you may know to go and close the sale on your behalf. You can also request a FM to help you (only if feasible / possible) to close the deal for you. Before you engage on any deal, do all your homework on the product then discuss with seller and agree on a price. Videos can be sent to show its condition and working performance but advisable to make a video call on the day of sale to ensure all in order. Ask your friend or relative to visit the seller with one more person (if possible). This should be done depending on your comfort level.

Once deal is closed then ask your friend / relative to courier the same to you. You can also book a prepaid courier to collect the same from the friend / relative.

Same workaround applies to olx too.

Lesson of the day ( I recall saying this in another post in the past!).

If you are not from the same location, ask for help from friends / relatives you may know to go and close the sale on your behalf. You can also request a FM to help you (only if feasible / possible) to close the deal for you. Before you engage on any deal, do all your homework on the product then discuss with seller and agree on a price. Videos can be sent to show its condition and working performance but advisable to make a video call on the day of sale to ensure all in order. Ask your friend or relative to visit the seller with one more person (if possible). This should be done depending on your comfort level.

Once deal is closed then ask your friend / relative to courier the same to you. You can also book a prepaid courier to collect the same from the friend / relative.

Same workaround applies to olx too.
in the absence of a track record with a seller, this makes absolute sense if possible to do. any genuine seller would have no objection.

I guess I have been lucky... everyone I have purchased from so far, have shown integrity above and beyond.. with one exception, and that persons behaviour before the sale itself should have aroused suspicion.

A clarification on behalf of AV Lounge.
I know from the owner of AV Lounge that Vinod David was a dealer with them for a short time in 2019.
Thus this transaction of Vinod David has nothing to do with AV Lounge.

Yes he agreed that he is a dealer and was connected to some audio company (don’t remember the name). He said he had a demo room in Velachery, Chennai but now closed the shop and he has some leftover. My intention was just to warn other members so that they would be careful as he mentioned he is selling some expensive stuff also. My transaction was for a small amount so I took a risk, but generally speaking, if we see a well known member with someone’s handle, we tend to trust that person as we know that he is an old member of this forum. I have purchased few other gear from other senior members and the experience was always good. After I started this post, I got one pm from another member who had the similar experience with Vinod.

Yes this is the one.
Edit:
Actually he said that he has a bundle of 50+ meters and he can cut any desired length.
That itself should've raised suspicion.
Yes he agreed that he is a dealer and was connected to some audio company (don’t remember the name). He said he had a demo room in Velachery, Chennai but now closed the shop and he has some leftover.
That makes him ineligible to post in this section.
everyone I have purchased from so far, have shown integrity above and beyond.. with one exception, and that persons behaviour before the sale itself should have aroused suspicion.
Such characters need to be weeded out. Please name him here.
After I started this post, I got one pm from another member who had the similar experience with Vinod.
Ask him to post his experience right on this thread.

I also got cheated by him, he sold me a defective product, within 3 weeks it stopped working. That's an expensive one. When i contacted him and told about the issue he said it was untouched. But then, he stopped receiving my calls afterwards as said above.

If you are interested in these products, i suggest you to get them from other cities. An expensive advise from me from my experience. Again, Beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back