Beware of waveking on this forum (RESOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ..... give him the benefit of doubt .... we guys are a very benevolent lot!

Post THIS Thread link to all his email IDs and make him aware that we know where to .... a period of 7 days for him to send back your wares or reply to your email in the affirmative. After that ...... we do what we have to do!

A 'Luca Braci' at his doorsteps would be a bit too much for a 5K something. A helpless student won't be able to handle the 'incidental' costs, IMHO.

Also, if I come across this chap in my professional life, recruiting, laisoning or otherwise associating work-wise, I'd have a million thoughts before pushing ahead...a guy who could betray trust for a few thousand rupees...imagine what he would do when millions are at stake!!!

can't be put better than this!

+1 to that!!

Post all his personal ID details...someone should get hold of this guy! you can't let him get off the hook! who knows....there might be a bigger scam unfolding than a mere HDD

seriously....please pay back in kind and pierce his false, bloated pride. who knows what could this incident mean to you or someone else in future if there's something more sinister brewing behind this 'apparent' loose-character act?!

Does he have a linkedin id?
You can message him the url of this post on facebook and linkedin

Cool down guys.. Its a barely working 5k HDD and 'we' are discussing geoparadising the career of a person for that..

Makes me wonder how we are different than someone who places 5k more than reputation.

Hi All,
Thanks a lot for your support. Am glad this one off incident hasn't and won't reduce the confidence we still have among us.
Infact it helped speed up a lot of pending tasks, which we had been procrastinating for long. Like...I will be meeting mgdelhi soon :)

And some more forumers in my forthcoming bangalore trip.

PS - Am updating him via SMS, how he 'now' comes up as the first result in Google now! he seems unnerved. He might have a few sweat drops if he finds himself famous in his Alumni/ Faculty group though... lol.

PPS - Was glancing through this thread and for a second my eyes mistook the Tags instead of people who said thanks to my post. I read it as waveking (the last tag) saying thanks to me... That cracked me up ;) ha ha ha!

Cool down guys.. Its a barely working 5k HDD and 'we' are discussing geoparadising the career of a person for that..

Makes me wonder how we are different than someone who places 5k more than reputation.

Exactly the reason why crooks (aka politicians) get away with anything! Miniscule things get 'mega'. Nip it in the bud, man .... else ...! Motto should be ... ITS NOT BUSINESS, ITS PERSONAL!

Hmm I have come across such people is reality also. Any who.. I hope this act of his doesnt go unpunished. and regarding Avidhyarthy's comment '
Ok ..... give him the benefit of doubt .... we guys are a very benevolent lot!

Post THIS Thread link to all his email IDs and make him aware that we know where to .... a period of 7 days for him to send back your wares or reply to your email in the affirmative. After that ...... we do what we have to do!

A 'Luca Braci' at his doorsteps would be a bit too much for a 5K something. A helpless student won't be able to handle the 'incidental' costs, IMHO.

'I would say He should be dealt with and what If he had a very good data recovery app and could salvage some personal credentials from the HDD .. or some sensitive information using which he could blackmail or resort to extortion .. the list can go On.. so please do take some drastic steps everyone !!!:mad:
I feel cut the weed from the root even before it sprouting leaves ....etc (some proverbial telugu line).:p

We all can post about this person through our social contacts or Linkedin accounts etc to begin with once the person is properly identified. Make the Corrupted pay for ever dreaming of such an act even!!!:mad:

Okay!!! Didn't know one hour in the meeting room would gather so much support for me and so much trouble for the poor guy. Thanks again.
But I think what Avi says is fine - He would be aware of this thread anyways; by the evening, or whenever he logs in. He would find a PM from me or someone with a link to this thread. Let him give us a convincing reply for his behavior.

@mgdelhi - If you'd have read his post in Pagalguy, you'd still find it hard to believe a meticulous, academic person could do such a deed like this. There's surely a different angle to it... {see... again I am being gullible} So lets play it fair and ask him to respond to the post or to me. We'll then take on from there. I am really interested in what he excuse comes up with.

@Avi - Luca Braci was too good :) Not necessary though for him I guess. And for all we know, he passed out in 2011. Must be working somewhere. Last he told me, he was amongst the last few who were barely lucky to get an avg paying job somewhere. So am sure he is working now.

I have a reason for being so blatantly harsh and violent because as we all are exchanging views here a very good friend of mine is facing miserable time as his sister is being abused, tormented by a guy who has her laptop,whos gone to the depths of mailing some very sensitive data to her office colleagues etc..(Lets not dig deep) so please dont have kindness to such characters and please dont procrastinate. This kind of act deserves no clemency

I second this opinion. Many folks are just plain irresponsible - but not necessarily criminal. Let us say he has spoiled the disk totally. In that case, he will more likely not want to "show his face". That seemed to be the behavior. The very fact that he left tracks and still "live and open on internet" means he is just newbie, and needs to be educated.

One idea is that the forum incharge can offer to remove this thread if he returns the disk as is.

Edit: In the popular JJ photography forum, there was a report on how somebody fooled the lens rental company from Bangalore in highly systematic manner, posing as active forum member. That was sure case of criminal mind.

Last edited:
@ rud3dawg - Sorry to hear about that. Your's is surely a more serious case than mine. Have you thought about setting that guy straight (although reading about his deeds, he might be one crook of a guy.... more than we could try to be). Any legal helpline to solve your matter? Mailing personal details to office colleagues is really playing with someone's career. Hope it sorts out soon.

One idea is that the forum incharge can offer to remove this thread if he returns the disk as is.

Agreed, but he needs to show up first. We are still ready to listen to him. But without that all we could do is assume and warn others? No harm in that right?

Agreed, but he needs to show up first. We are still ready to listen to him. But without that all we could do is assume and warn others? No harm in that right?

Hopefully he is reading this thread! And let him also be aware that there will be somebody in the forum who knows faculty in IITK.

Normally one should not be taking it to faculty etc since it has big impact on the career. The very reason I support doing it is that because IIT guy is being irresponsible here, and it spoils IIT name.

And also without photograph and meeting in person, it is really difficult to establish the facts. Perhaps mods can verify if IP address accesses from that person indeed came from IITK IP names.

@ rud3dawg - Sorry to hear about that. Your's is surely a more serious case than mine. Have you thought about setting that guy straight (although reading about his deeds, he might be one crook of a guy.... more than we could try to be). Any legal helpline to solve your matter? Mailing personal details to office colleagues is really playing with someone's career. Hope it sorts out soon.

Its my friend who needs all the support :( Me and a couple of friends already offered supports to the very violent but , Everyone in my friend's family was worried about the guys future as he was my friends X colleague. The matter has been registered in Police station and also Cyber police are at work. Yahoo mail service already offered help But google has declared 1 month requirement for such an issue. I only wish we live in a better place where a person can sleep soundly knowing NO one would stab him/her for a loaf of bread or a Piece of hardware in the near future .. The only way to keep out future safe is to get a grip on the present ..

Here's something to cheer you up!
He logged in to HFV at 12:33 PM to check out his popularity.
Its there on his public profile information...

Impressive! He must be thinking - Search Engine optimization for free :)

It was nice of snorkel4u to share his experience n let other b aware of wat can go wrong in blind trust...

But 36 hate posts after??? Either this guy has murdered some or v all r saint from himalayas n never bribed anyone for moving a file or avoiding a challan...

For those who think this compares to Raja's 2G Scam, I would just say that life is not all black n white... there are shades of grey.... None of us are white n this one instance doesnt make him black... (though may b one of darker greys :))

I am not defending the guy... wat he did was unequivocally wrong... but us trying to hit back on his career wudnt b rite either...

It was nice of snorkel4u to share his experience n let other b aware of wat can go wrong in blind trust...

But 36 hate posts after??? Either this guy has murdered some or v all r saint from himalayas n never bribed anyone for moving a file or avoiding a challan...

For those who think this compares to Raja's 2G Scam, I would just say that life is not all black n white... there are shades of grey.... None of us are white n this one instance doesnt make him black... (though may b one of darker greys :))

I am not defending the guy... wat he did was unequivocally wrong... but us trying to hit back on his career wudnt b rite either...

i don't think these are hate posts.
i guess the worst that members (who have never met) could do to each other is betray the trust reposed on them.
what we have in the forum is a good thing and if someone (hopefully unwittingly in this case) vitiates the atmosphere then it is indeed a serious matter.
i say this because all my audio gyan and the hardware have come through dealings with forum member i have never met. come to think of it i haven't talked to most either. and yet i have bought (i) two amps (ii) a speaker (iii) dac (iv) interconnects and very recently (iv) a whole lot of cds, right here in the forum itself.
also the guy whose transgressions have inspired this thread seems to be someone young, just starting out on a career.
i hope he will learn his lesson not to take others for granted and that what goes around comes around.

Last edited:

You have a point. Let's give him some leeway. Maybe he is tied up with exams or slogging for placements. These things can mess you up seriously. Though he could have spared a few seconds to respond but considering the value of the item he is accused of appropriating, we should give him the benefit of doubt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back