Bic America pl 200 II - remove feet?

rsklogin

Hi fellow FM, I recently bought a Bic America Pl 200 II. Had a minor issue when I first tested it out, no sound came out of the sub, went through a few forums and also contacted the dealer, turns out one of the leads connecting to the cone had come off during shipping.

Now I have another problem, although not technical. The entertainment center in my room has a little less than 18 inches of space beneath it (it's wall mounted). The sub is actually 17.25 inches tall but the feet add another half an inch or so. This makes it a little difficult to place it underneath the entertainment center. I need a little more room, at about 5 to 6 mm. Is it possible to remove the feet off the sub and maybe place it over a nice rug?

Inside a unit is possibly not the best placement for a sub. Can you not place it elsewhere?

It is not inside the entertainment center, but below it. The unit is wall mounted, a feet and a half above the floor.

The sub will be on the tiled floor.
Yes you could remove the feet but do not place the sub on the floor or mat directly. You need some kind of isolation. Check out this product. It's a gem. It's not feet of anything,but the rubber is strong while being flexible at the same time. You could use all of them or some of them depending on how they cope with the weight of the sub. Comes with 3M tape which leaves no marks when removed. So just stick it to the sub strategically.

MaSh

Yes you could remove the feet but do not place the sub on the floor or mat directly. You need some kind of isolation. Check out this product. It's a gem. It's not feet of anything,but the rubber is strong while being flexible at the same time. You could use all of them or some of them depending on how they cope with the weight of the sub. Comes with 3M tape which leaves no marks when removed. So just stick it to the sub strategically.

MaSh

@rsklogin I think this should work better.....thanks for sharing @MaSh.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back