BIC America PL 200-ii

Love4sound

I have a BIC America PL 200-ii. I thought of selling it and go for xtz 10.17 but have later decided to go in for dual bic pl200-ii. What say guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
So whats the deciding factor for get away with the bic, to pic the xtz and now again for a dual bic.

Just curious to know what u thought

Last edited by a moderator:
So whats the deciding factor for get away with the bic, to pic the xtz and now again for a dual bic.

Just curious to know what u thought
The thing is bic is powerful enough for my room. After watching movies nd listening to music i was extremely satisfied. I thought going for xtz as it produces more tight bass compared to the bic based on reviews. Then I thought Wat do I need more tight bass or even bass. Then I finalised let’s go for a dual which will give more even LFE. Cause more then the tight bass I miss the even bass so no matter Wat sub I get I am going to miss the even bass let it be Rythmik, rel, svs subs in 60-70k budget. The main factor that made me sell the Polk sub was having a demo at Volumate with bic f12 in a dual set up. I saw a scene from ready player nd omg the bic f12 blow me away In the dual set up

If this is set properly in the room....you dont need another one....I was reading up on XTZ and the warranty is supposedly 5 years and 2 years on the amp.....

https://www.xtzsound.eu/page/about-xtz

Seems promising ...not sure on how after sales and warranty will be handle.....
Yeah I have heard from many that the dual sub helps is getting a even and smoother bass which is what made me change my mind to go for dual bic rather then one xtz

Last edited:
Hi All

Want your expert opinion before i go dual. Please see the imege. I have my sub placed in the right corner of the room. The only place available to place a 2nd sub will be in the left side below the left speaker by slightly moving the avr stand to the centre. As per subwoofer standards the best is to keep it diagonally opposite which is not possible. I have seen many HT set up where both the subs are placed front left and right. My room size is 10*12. I am not looking to go for dual on the aspect of of power or more bass. Based on feed back by many dual sub owners that they get a smooth and even bass which is what i am looking for

Attachments

• Dual set up.JPG
    Dual set up.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 76
Hi

Before considering the second sub.....can you turn your sub and face it towards the table which holds the avr etc.....I think there will be a more improved sound...please check...

Hi

Before considering the second sub.....can you turn your sub and face it towards the table which holds the avr etc.....I think there will be a more improved sound...please check...

Yeah sure. I am going to do a lot of experiment and then only decide. Hope i get a lot of experimenting tips such as this to make my decision easier.

try that and see if it helps
I tried keeping the subwoofer pointed towards the avr stand as per ur suggestions.There was no improvements and the loudness in the bass reduced slightly. But to my surprise the speakers performance improved buy a lot. I changed the phase switch and the sub performance was slightly better in this position but the loudness in bass still being slightly reduced.

Love4sound, I would suggest you stay away for the dual at least for a month time till you utilize the single sub to its maximum potential. If you feel that the single sub itself is overkill or even if you are not satisfied just play around with the placements. Because a quality sound will not come as soon as you buy good gears. It will take a lot of time and effort to bring it on right and that will also teach you many things.

Try few of the placement tricks, Keeping the sub in the corners will boost bass performance generally, it may sound boomy too. First, try it placing forward to the listening space. Maybe 4 feet from both the walls (At least for the experiment you can try it even if your placement is not letting you do).

Second, try placing the sub behind the couch leaving few feets away from the walls if the placement permits. Then let us know what you feel. Definitely, in both the placements, you feel only less bass but it will be tight and smooth and definitely, it will not be boomy. In that case, you can increase the gain as per your taste.

Good luck :)

Love4sound, I would suggest you stay away for the dual at least for a month time till you utilize the single sub to its maximum potential. If you feel that the single sub itself is overkill or even if you are not satisfied just play around with the placements. Because a quality sound will not come as soon as you buy good gears. It will take a lot of time and effort to bring it on right and that will also teach you many things.

Try few of the placement tricks, Keeping the sub in the corners will boost bass performance generally, it may sound boomy too. First, try it placing forward to the listening space. Maybe 4 feet from both the walls (At least for the experiment you can try it even if your placement is not letting you do).

Second, try placing the sub behind the couch leaving few feets away from the walls if the placement permits. Then let us know what you feel. Definitely, in both the placements, you feel only less bass but it will be tight and smooth and definitely, it will not be boomy. In that case, you can increase the gain as per your taste.

Good luck :)
Yeah I will experiment completely and then only will go for a dual. The only two placement options for my room for the subs are below the front speakers. I won’t go for a dual sub without audition. I will try to get another bic for testing before buying nd only if it makes a huge difference I’ll buy one more

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back