Bic America V80 vs Yamaha NS SW - 100

mahender

I want to buy Sub woofer my Yamha v583 receiver , I have shortlisted Bic america v80 and yamaha NS SW-100 but unable to decide between these two, my budget is max 20K

Hi, Check HiFimart, HTstore, Jamsticks sites for subwoofers. The bottom line to pick subwoofers is on frequency range and power it can offer like example - 30Hz to 200Hz... The lower the first number, the better low effects it can produce...
Secondly, the output power - you need to look at continous power and not the dynamic power. Continous power of 100W would be good enough for 12*12 room and since 583 supports two subs - look to get another one (may be same model down the line) this way you will get smooth and even bass everwhere.. Dual is always better for sub.

Yamaha has only 50w output power - Audition it before deciding.
BIC is good too, check the frequency and get another one in the future.

I want to buy Sub woofer my Yamha v583 receiver , I have shortlisted Bic america v80 and yamaha NS SW-100 but unable to decide between these two, my budget is max 20K

As mentioned by the others....demo and audition subs that fit your budget...lower the frequency towards 20hz is ideal...also most imp...check connectivity input options...HIGH level and Low level.....no point buying a sub which can produce only 5hz low frequency than your main/front speakers....

There is a Dedicated Taga and BIC America threads ....read those for reviews and comments

Audition is the best part. If you can't, then look at the spec.

It has to go low (duh it is a "sub" woofer)
It has to go high (better integration with rest of system)

NS-SW100 - 25 - 180Hz
BIC V80 - 37 - 180Hz
Taga TSW-200 - 25 - 250Hz

If i am not able to hear any of these, i would choose Taga just based on spec.

Too bad none of these provide a frequency response chart. That'll help to judge even better.

It's more than a year you got the sub?
What are your impressions?
Is it boomy or musical?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back