Black Friday Deals on Movies

Bond 22 BD collection at AMZ-UK is now at GBP70, thus with Shipping you can get it around INR 6500 plus duties. I think it is Region Free as per Blu-ray.com unlike the US version which also available at $100 plus duties (you can get free shipping if you add few more titles to make the order above $125), but region locked for most movies.

AMZ-Canada has excellent offer on Lord of the Rings Trilogy Boxset with 12 Discs at under CDN $ 30. So you can get it for about INR 2300 (with Shipping) or so, plus duties but indian version also are many times available for around 3k with Flipkart or AMZ-In.

Last edited:
Great deal, in spite of the duties.

My last order from AMZ-UK around May was at the rate 80 for GBP. Now it is 102 or so. A raise of 27%. :sad:

So essentially with old rates it would have been 4500-4800 with even the steep duties we need to pay in Mumbai region.:annoyed:

Hi friends,

1. Please tell does buying blue ray movies from foreign sites is cheaper than Indian sites like flipcart etc.
Do you use credit card, debit card, paypal for purchase.
Which region BR we have to choose.

2. From which site do you buy your movies?

Please recommend any movie to watch on my samsung f5500 plasma

Last edited:
I usually buy at Amazon.com. Sometimes BDs are cheaper there. Amazon accepts international credit cards. Debit cards are often found to fail. Since I have a region A and region free player, I don't care about region codes.

Thanks Just4kix,

I have just placed the order for Bond 50 along with other movies and the shipping is free, The only problem is with the import fees which is around $50.

What information\receipt we need to get from Aramex to get a refund for this one? Last time when I placed the order they did not provide any receipt and Amazon people were kind enough to refund the amount after some followup.

Received this one yesterday as usual packing was good and delivery was before the promised date:thumbsup:

Aramex guys did not give any receipt, will need to wait for 60 days for the Import fee refund. Is there any way we can know whether the import fee was charged or not? Also this one was shipped through Mumbai so I am all the more worried:sad:

You can check Amazon.in and Flipkart. There will be some offers.
I am new to Blu ray world so not much purchase experience.
But recently I have bought 2 blurays from Amazon.in
Chennai Express and IMAX Under the sea 3D
Enjoyed watching it in F5500.

Hi friends,

1. Please tell does buying blue ray movies from foreign sites is cheaper than Indian sites like flipcart etc.
Do you use credit card, debit card, paypal for purchase.
Which region BR we have to choose.

2. From which site do you buy your movies?

Please recommend any movie to watch on my samsung f5500 plasma

Just checked indian site and amozom.com

For harry potter all 8 films..
amazon.in : Rs. 6,399
flipcart : Rs. 7999

amazon.com $ 48 , 48 * 63 = 3024
it say free shipping if order value more than $35.
Do they really ship free to India?

How much custom duty will be levied if I order from amazon.com to be delivered in Mumbai

Price difference is too much or I am missing something.

Just checked indian site and amozom.com

For harry potter all 8 films..
amazon.in : Rs. 6,399
flipcart : Rs. 7999

amazon.com $ 48 , 48 * 63 = 3024
it say free shipping if order value more than $35.
Do they really ship free to India?

How much custom duty will be levied if I order from amazon.com to be delivered in Mumbai

Price difference is too much or I am missing something.

I think this free shipping above $35 is applicable within US but the free shipping to India the total order should be $125 and all the items in your cart should be amazon global eligible.

Received this one yesterday as usual packing was good and delivery was before the promised date:thumbsup:

Aramex guys did not give any receipt, will need to wait for 60 days for the Import fee refund. Is there any way we can know whether the import fee was charged or not?

Contact Aramex customer service and ask them for the Customs Bill of Entry(CBOE). This will show the details of duty paid for your shipment. If they do not provide you the CBOE, post 60 days from the ship date contact Amazon US and tell them that Aramex did not provide the customs bill of entry and ask for a refund of the Import Fee Deposit if it has not already been provided.

Also this one was shipped through Mumbai so I am all the more worried:sad:

Yeah, a couple of months ago, one of my Amazon UK shipments passed through the cold clammy hands of Mumbai Customs too. Why I don't know, but unscathed though, much to my relief. :)

Contact Aramex customer service and ask them for the Customs Bill of Entry(CBOE). This will show the details of duty paid for your shipment. If they do not provide you the CBOE, post 60 days from the ship date contact Amazon US and tell them that Aramex did not provide the customs bill of entry and ask for a refund of the Import Fee Deposit if it has not already been provided.

Thanks Jsmithe,

Spoke to Aramex customer care and was told that they do not update the CBOE details, as they are not collecting the duty amount from the consignee and I will need to get in touch with Amazon.

My large order of 17 BDs, placed on 29-Nov, was dispatched on 2-Dec and I received it yesterday. Total damage = $175+ incl of import duty.

Spoke to Aramex customer care and was told that they do not update the CBOE details, as they are not collecting the duty amount from the consignee and I will need to get in touch with Amazon.

Aramex CS is just giving you the run around. Just ask them whether their records show that duty was paid for your shipment and if so, how much. I've seen on other forums that email to Aramex CS from their webpage gets you the customs duty paid info, but their Indian CS will give you a lot of BS.

Aramex should not collect duty from you since you've already paid the Import Fee deposit to Amazon who have farmed out customs clearance to Aramex.

Either way if Amazon US does not see proof of duty paid then they will refund you in 60 days. It's just that you will know if you'll get any money back sooner rather than later if the CBOE does not show duty paid for your shipment.

Hiii guys I placed the order for Bond 50 + 15 BDs from amazon.com with free shipping order total 294$, They charged my credit card around 240$ in 3 days 8,9 & 10th dec but not shipped any of the items yet, only shows delivery estimate 19th dec to 31st dec now am desperately waiting :sad:

But on the good side all my amazon.uk shipments have already arrived before the estimated delivery time as usual kudos to amazon.uk for their super fast shipping :clapping:

Amazon.com people should improve their free delivery speeds :mad:

Last edited:
There are sometimes delays during the holiday season. Write to Amazon and request whether quicker delivery is possible.

Delivery page now shows shipping now so I think it will be shipped tom or the day after :eek:hyeah: some items will arrive before X-mas & the others will arrive till jan have saw the price drop on pacific rim 3d robot pack in the uk ?

I got all these amazon.com items delivered on 19th dec :eek:hyeah:

Hey anyone ordered from amazon.ca
How is there delivery ?

I just got The dark knight Trilogy ultimate collectors edition and Die hard 25th anniversary collection & Man of steel S T Shirt :licklips:

Total with Expedited International shipping comes to 97.64 CDN$

Standard shipping shown Delivery Estimate Feb 23- 28 2014 costs 11 (CDN$) with Expedited International shipping Delivery estimate is Jan 23-28 2014

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back