Blu Ray - Amazon USA or 20North ?

deba

Dear All,

I am planning to purchase some Blu Ray titles from Amazon USA or 20 North. Kindly let me know which one will be cheaper from India ?
Amazon or 20 North ?

Thanks.

Hi,

That depends on the deals you are getting! For example, if you're a getting a disc for less than $11 plus $12.5 for shipping = $23.5 = 1104 and if they are sending it through USPS, then you can escape from tax. Otherwise, add another 200 or 300 for the tax. I think even 20north will also work out in the same way. I would advise you to get a good deal on bunch of discs, and get it shipped through borderlinx or vpost.

Cheers!

Venkatesh,

Why would they charge customs for an Item which costs only INR 1250? I thought you're exempt upto a limit?

Venkatesh,

Why would they charge customs for an Item which costs only INR 1250? I thought you're exempt upto a limit?

Hi,

The companies like DHL, UPS, etc. pay tax beforehand regardless of the limits and only when the item comes through USPS, they tend to skip the items that are less than, say, $50 (God only knows).

So, the chance of paying tax for the item, even if it is less than 2000, is 45%.

Cheers!

Amazon has some good deals going on Blu-Ray right now so you might want to checkout Amazon first. However if you order through Amazon, select a shipping method that offers tracking information for international shipments. For some shipment options such as Standard International shipping, Amazon does not offer tracking information.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back