Blu Ray from Amazon.uk. 'Amazon Fulfilled or Market seller'? confused

Shrinivas

One of my friend has travelled to UK and I was planning to get some Blu rays from Amazon UK to his UK address so that he can hand carry them when coming back.
I am confused with regards to the price mentioned on Amazon UK.
example ..check this link
The Universe - 7 Wonders of the Solar System in 3D Blu-ray 3D Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: Nil: DVD & Blu-ray

Price: 19.21 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
29 new from 8.25 4 used from 8.40

so, if its from Amazon directly then its 19.21 whereas from marketsellers its just 8.25

Description says..
Price + Delivery Condition
8.25 + 1.26 UK delivery New Brand new and sealed

My question is, can we trust such sellers as he is selling at almost 50% rate compared to Amazon?
Has anybody purchased from any market sellers on Amazon UK / US?

Although he mentiones, condition as NEW, are we likely to get NEW. will it be region free as mentioned for Amazon seller.. i.e can we trust ?

Please let me know your experience ..

I haven't bought anything from Amazon.co.uk. I bought a power amp from Amazon.de from a market seller. The product was new and in the original packing and had no problem except that it was shipped by the slowest ( cheapest) way and took a long time to get delivered here in India.
The market seller page shows the sellers rating and they will also show shipping rates when you buy. These might be higher than Amazon.co.uk rates hence partially negating the low prices. Go through the purchase and check out the 'total final' price. If it is just a bit less than the Amazon total price then stick to Amazon. Material wise I don't think you'd get ripped off. You know that you can go through the purchase till you get the 'total price' . Actual purchase takes place only after this and so you can abort at that time with no penalties.
Edit. I forgot. I recently bought some used books from Amazon.co.uk . The seller was not Amazon. The book was rated 'good condition'. However what I got was almost in 'mint condition' ! So I don't think you should worry.

Last edited:
I have ordered Planet Earth bluray from Amazon UK for 15/- incl shipping a few days back, it's still in transit. The same title is almost double on Amazon US & India. Please do check for region free bluray discs before ordering.

That's a good point. Check all Amazon's. I found some books I wanted 'cheaper' on Amazon.in rather than Amazon.com though they were shipped from the US. Don't quite understand it but who cares. I want the lowest price !
Additionally some electronics has different pricing on different Amazon's. I once bought an amp from Amazon.de because it was cheaper there AND the added bonus was that it was a 230 V unit !

Almost 99% of my region free blu ray collections are from Amazon.uk only. all amazon.uk prices are inclusive of VAT and while checkout, these VAT would be reduced for international shipping. unlike Amazon.us, Amazon.uk does not collects the customs duty unless it exceeds the threshold limit. For all of my purchases which are less than 5K incl. shipping did not attract any customs.

Unlike the indian online stores, information with regard to pictureaspect ratio also can be verified from Amazon.

Yes. You can trust. This should be protected by Amazon. Also see seller's ratings. My friend in UK always buy this way.

**update**
Thanks everyone!
I ordered USED blu ray from Market seller on the Amazon UK site and my friend hand carried it from UK to me. The condition of item was mentioned as 'LIKE NEW' and looking at disk, its truly 'LIKE NEW'
Picture and audio quality very good.
To my surprise, one of the Market seller had added on complementary copy of Pacific rim 3d :)

Overall can say that, one can trust !
Thanks again.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back