4K Blu-ray player from US

Hi,

I’m considering getting the Sony ubp x700 through a friend from the US. Considering this option as it’s half of the Indian version price.

1) From what I understand, the 4K discs are region free and so the discs bought in India should work. Is that true?

2) Do I need to arrange for a separate power adapter to make this player work in India? If yes, how much would it cost and from where can I get it?

3) Is there any cheaper 4K player option that I might have missed, which is possibly better than the Sony?

4) is there a 4K Blu-ray player which also has tidal/high res music streaming built in? That would be an ideal combo for a device.

Ideally, would’ve gone for the PS5 for gaming + 4K movies but obviously not able to get it currently (or even in the near future).

Thanks so much in advance!

Then panasonic UB 420 might interest you :)
Buying from us willbe cheaper. But not sure all discs will play on it. Try to get a region free player.

Hi,

I’m considering getting the Sony ubp x700 through a friend from the US. Considering this option as it’s half of the Indian version price.

1) From what I understand, the 4K discs are region free and so the discs bought in India should work. Is that true?

2) Do I need to arrange for a separate power adapter to make this player work in India? If yes, how much would it cost and from where can I get it?

3) Is there any cheaper 4K player option that I might have missed, which is possibly better than the Sony?

4) is there a 4K Blu-ray player which also has tidal/high res music streaming built in? That would be an ideal combo for a device.

Ideally, would’ve gone for the PS5 for gaming + 4K movies but obviously not able to get it currently (or even in the near future).

Thanks so much in advance!
Hi Guys,

Can someone guide me on point no. 2? I’m not sure if there is an additional/alternative power cable/adapter required for the power. If yes, can someone share any links as I’m not able to zero in on one.
thanks.

Please check the label at the back of the player. If its 110v to 230v, your good to go.
However if its 120v only, you will definitely need a step down transformer/adapter.
It costs approximately 10 dollars for a basic one which should suffice.
Your friend in the US can get it from any local electrical shop or Staples.

Last edited:
Since you are in Mumbai you can get this from your local electrical hardware store

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back