Sony Service Centre in Bangalore for Sony x800 Blu-ray player.

Nagaraj S

Hi all,

After around 4 years, my Sony X800 (bought from Europe) Blu-ray player has reading issues: it reads Blu-ray Discs flawlessly often, but sometimes does not, and just freezes with no video or audio output. I have to unplug the player and plug it in again to get it working (this frequency seems to have increased of late). I am suspecting dust issues on the reading lens and I think it the player needs to be serviced.

Does anyone have any experience having their Blu-ray player serviced from Sony service center in Bangalore? Or could you recommend any other reliable service centre or technician?

Thanks!
Nagaraj

Or, would using any CD lens cleaner help without causing any damage to the player? Thanks.
Would first try a factory reset followed by a software update if there is any available. After that you can buy a bluray disc cleaner from amazon & give that a try.

If none of the above work then i would try to get it repaired from an independent service center as Sony will refuse to fix it since it's not purchased from India. Try the above first, Good Luck..

Would first try a factory reset followed by a software update if there is any available. After that you can buy a bluray disc cleaner from amazon & give that a try.

If none of the above work then i would try to get it repaired from an independent service center as Sony will refuse to fix it since it's not purchased from India. Try the above first, Good Luck..
Thanks for the note. Both factory reset and software update did not help. But almost Rs 4k for a Blu-ray lens cleaner disc on amazon.in! Would you know of any independent Blu-ray service center that you would recommend?

Last edited:
I recently had a great experience at the Sony Service centre at Koramangala. one of my Sony 1000xM4 IEMs was not charging and over heating. They replaced it in a weeks time. Very friendly , professional service. you Could call and ask if they would help you with your device.

Sony Authorisation service center​

Address: 722, 17th D Main Rd, KHB Colony, 6th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560047
Phone: 080 2552 5400

This problem is now solved! There was a decade old DVD lens cleaner that was lying in my attic. I ran that disc and the player now reads the Blu-ray discs I throw at it without any issues. @insane79 - appreciate your input!

Those of you who have a lens cleaner, guard it with your lives 🙂. They are not available anywhere in India and costs thousands on Amazon.in and could spare you a lot of trouble if the situation should arise.

This problem is now solved! There was a decade old DVD lens cleaner that was lying in my attic. I ran that disc and the player now reads the Blu-ray discs I throw at it without any issues. @insane79 - appreciate your input!

Those of you who have a lens cleaner, guard it with your lives 🙂. They are not available anywhere in India and costs thousands on Amazon.in and could spare you a lot of trouble if the situation should arise.
Glad it worked out, even a cd lens cleaner should do as most of the bluray players play cds too.

Enjoy!!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back