WTB - Spindle Motor for Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray Player

daumaster

Disc is not spinning in my Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray Player.

Message "No Disc" is displayed when a disc (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray) is inserted in the tray.

Problem is, the spindle motor comes as an assembly with the optical laser lens carriage motor (Sony Part No : KEM-430AAB), which has to be bought with the complete drive assembly which includes the optical laser lens (Sony Part No : KES-410A) also.

The Part Nos are for Sony PlayStation 3 (Fat Boy), which also uses the same parts.

Do any avid gamers in the forum have the above part (KEM-430AAB), with a working spindle motor, but without the optical laser lens (KES-410A) to spare ? Will compensate handsomely.

Attachments

• Oppo BDP-83 Spindle Assembly.jpg
    Oppo BDP-83 Spindle Assembly.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 13
Aliexpress has such parts ,but they dont ship india,however yu can ship outside india ,and ask someone to bring along with them when they come india

Disc is not spinning in my Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray Player.

Message "No Disc" is displayed when a disc (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray) is inserted in the tray.

Problem is, the spindle motor comes as an assembly with the optical laser lens carriage motor (Sony Part No : KEM-430AAB), which has to be bought with the complete drive assembly which includes the optical laser lens (Sony Part No : KES-410A) also.

The Part Nos are for Sony PlayStation 3 (Fat Boy), which also uses the same parts.

Do any avid gamers in the forum have the above part (KEM-430AAB), with a working spindle motor, but without the optical laser lens (KES-410A) to spare ? Will compensate handsomely.
Have not tried it myself, but after the ban on Chinese apps, Banggood supplies India via Bangladesh is what I've heard. You could try that route

Firstly, it could be a problem with the disc itself. Check to make sure the disc is clean and free of scratches or other damage. If the disc is damaged, it may not be able to be read by the player.

Secondly, there could be an issue with the player's laser lens. Over time, dust and other debris can accumulate on the lens, making it difficult for the player to read discs. Try cleaning the lens using a soft, dry cloth or a lens cleaning kit.

Another possible cause of this issue is a problem with the player's motor or drive mechanism. If the motor or drive mechanism is malfunctioning, it may not be able to spin the disc properly, resulting in the "No Disc" error message.

Open the box and see what is happening when you insert the disk. Twist the disc with your fingure to see of the motor is stuck. Check if there is a trimpot on the board. All players have a trimpot to adjust the intensity of the laser. The laser does become weak after some time causing tracking issues. Look at youtube videos and you will get an idea.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back