blu-ray player software and drive recommendation

TomySam

Hi, guys, I just want to buy a blu-ray player software and an external drive, can you give me some advice? For I am a new user of blu-ray.

Hi, guys, I just want to buy a blu-ray player software and an external drive, can you give me some advice? For I am a new user of blu-ray.

I think a standalone blu-ray player is better than a blu-ray drive in a HTPC in terms of usability and cost wise. If you already have a PC then you need to purchase a blu-ray drive + software like Arcsoft TMT or PowerDVD etc. I am not sure about the cost of the softwares but I think for the money spent on the software you get a standalone player itself in the market a decent one.

PowerDVD etc. I am not sure about the cost of the softwares but I think for the money spent on the software you get a standalone player itself in the market a decent one.

A licensed copy of PowerDVD is less than 4,000. You can get a good quality drive for about 6K. I doubt you can match the features of a drive+PowerDVD with anything less than an Oppo.

Cheers

A licensed copy of PowerDVD is less than 4,000. You can get a good quality drive for about 6K. I doubt you can match the features of a drive+PowerDVD with anything less than an Oppo.

Cheers

Yes that's true hence I said usability and convenience point of view a bluray player will be good compared to a PC based source. Also I think when it comes to video and bitstreaming audio all the bluray players are same except that the Oppo excels in the upscaling and a very good stereo DAC.

A stand alone Blu-ray player is good but I heard that it's very complicated to update the hardware when needed. But it's easier a lot for a software in case you already have an BD drive.
As for the recommendation, there are several available including models from Buffalo, Samsung, LG, ASUS and Sony. The software is Macgo Blu-ray player. According to my playing experience, this player is worthy of trust in Blu-ray playback. There is watermark trail version after all.

The problem with HTPC is ambient (fan) noise. Only a true HT class PC will have super quiet fans that won't make noise. Otherwise, it is a much cheaper AND BETTER option. It is a better option because:
- as Venkatcr said, a BD drive is 6k or less
- instead of PoweDvd or any such software, buy AnyDVD HD, which will render region free playback plus ripping, etc.

The software is Macgo Blu-ray player. According to my playing experience, this player is worthy of trust in Blu-ray playback. There is watermark trail version after all.
7IwQaH

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back