Blue Ray Player with Best DAC for Stereo too !

sudhirbhosale

Hi
I am looking for blue ray player, i would also use to listen audio CD in stereo mode (dont want to buy CD player). Hence need Blueray player having best in class DAC with analog out

If option of DVD player with good DAC available then i would go for it. I heard Pioneer DVD and Bluerray players gived best sound Q.

Another Q:
What is meaning of Transport feature, i saw in many post/reply

Thanks is advance

Hi
I am looking for blue ray player, i would also use to listen audio CD in stereo mode (dont want to buy CD player). Hence need Blueray player having best in class DAC with analog out

If option of DVD player with good DAC available then i would go for it. I heard Pioneer DVD and Bluerray players gived best sound Q.

Another Q:

Thanks is advance

I am sure you are going to get a number of recommendations for Oppo. (Personally I never used them).

But if you are not with that budget, I can recommend Pioneer BDP LX 55. I used it for my stereo and the performance was very impressive. (except DLNA)

I hear that the Panasonic BDT-320 has excellent audio and video performance. Relatively cheap too. You can also make it region free for DVD's ( only !).
I read that the Pioneer BDP-450 or 160 isn't as good , though they are fine as a disc transport which means you need an external DAC.
I doubt if anyone of the new machines are bad , but you need to pick up one which has an exceptional internal DAC. The lower end Pioneers don't seem to have that. But Pioneers are generally very good machines.
Wonder if anyone has a Panasonic BDT-320 and can comment on it's sound.

I would suggest that you get an oppo (but prices are prohibitive in India). Buying and shipping including customs could set you back by at least 50k.

Alternative 2 would be to get a low end blu ray player and a stand alone dac but anyway you end up paying the nearly the same or more depending on the dac.

If expense is not an constraint i would suggest you get the oppo 103 darbee edition.

Further if you are using a good avr then you can use the dac of the avr with a low end blu ray player. As regards the transport, i.e. if the function of the cd player is only to extract the digital o/p and use and outboard dac then the player is working as a transport. You can have players without built in dacs (prohibitively expensive) or use a good player as a transport by using your own dac.

Hi

Another Q:

Thanks is advance

First of all you have to mention your price band so that members can give the recommendation close to it and the best available in that price range, otherwise it will lead you Nowhere.

A transport is a CD mechanism built like a tank with accurate pick up lenses. Mainly it will have only out put in digital format via Optical, co-axial or both. Will not have any DAC and so no Analogue out put. You need to add an external DAC to it.

A

Yes budget is the key here. Almost every BR/DVD player will have some DAC feature with analog outs. But per my extensive research recently - best of both worlds - best BR player with an excellent in-built DAC with analog out (both balanced and unbalanced) is Oppo 105.

Though it is quite expensive in Indian market, you would not need to carry too many boxes in your rack and connections are greatly simplified. It works as a high end CD player, high end DAC (Sabre) and a high end BR player with 7.1 analog outs in addition to plethora of HDMI in/outs.

Let me know if you need more info about Oppo 105 so I can help you get the right contacts of the Indian distributors.

great,i like that very much,The lower end Pioneers don't seem to have that. But Pioneers are generally very good machines.
13.gif

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back