Bluesound node2i Vs Audiolab 6000N

bluestar

Hi guys I am looking for a streamer cum dac.
I am more interested in the dac part out of the two Which one would have a better dac. Has any one experienced these two streamers.
Thanks in advance

Hi guys I am looking for a streamer cum dac.
I am more interested in the dac part out of the two Which one would have a better dac. Has any one experienced these two streamers.
Thanks in advance
Not to divert you from streamers that you have in mind. Why don't you get a cheap streamer/digital transport (raspberry pi + hat) and invest as much in an outboard DAC?

Not to divert you from streamers that you have in mind. Why don't you get a cheap streamer/digital transport (raspberry pi + hat) and invest as much in an outboard DAC?
hi thanks for replying
i find that a lil too complicated. prefer plug and play

I am using audiolab 6000n streamer since two months. Its very smooth and neutral sounding streamer.
I have tidal hifi and sound is pretty good through streamer compare to sound from tidal through my sony x900f tv.
Vocals are better through streamer .

There is a thread on the Cambridge Streamer too

Check it out.

the only absence is display in audiolab streamer. else its a fair priced streamer

Hearing good reviews about the Audiolab streamer. It’s also priced attractively. But someone said it doesn’t support AirPlay - is that true? That can be a bigger limitation than absence of display for Apple users.

Yes unfortunately it doesn’t support airplay.. also I think it is completely dependent on Dts Play-Fi app..Which apparently is not that great.

Hi,

I have tested both Audiolab 6000N and Bluesound Node 2i with a wide variety of speakers. I prefer Audiolab over Bluesound Node 2i. The former is more detailed, neutral and works with a variety of upstream equipment. Bluesound app and library management is much better though and more suited for multi-room.usecases.

However, I recommend Rpi+Digione as a streamer+digital transport as someone else has also suggested in an earlier post.More value for money, better choice of software and honestly better sound in comparison to any streamer 3-4x times the price. You can order online a Digione Player with pre-loaded choice of OS in a decent enclosure and that takes away the hassle of setting one up.

You can search for my impressions of Allo Digione and Digione Signature in response to a similar thread in the forum. Cheers!

Regards,
Shyam.

Haven't heard the audiolab, but as a streamer, size features at this price nothing much beats the blusound. The fact that you can group different blusounds and add the blusound speakers makes life easier for using your system for non personal listening.

Haven't heard the audiolab, but as a streamer, size features at this price nothing much beats the blusound. The fact that you can group different blusounds and add the blusound speakers makes life easier for using your system for non personal listening.
Who wants to add blusound speakers? :p

I would suggest build streamer using raspberry pi and pair it with Audiolab 6000A which has a separate DAC and also can be used as preamp also.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back