Bluetooth and DAC, how goes ?

bigron

Hey folks

Need opinions on a little something I ve been wanting to do.
I have a bluetooth adaptor that has an AUX out port. Using a 3.5mm to 2 rca to connect to analog in on my denon avr.
Now if add an analog to digital and a DAC into the mix will my outboard DAC do the processing or my avr ?

(Bluetooth Aux out to Analog to Digital to Arcam DAC to rca analog into receiver )

Any pointers on this.Thanks

Hey folks

(Bluetooth Aux out to Analog to Digital to Arcam DAC to rca analog into receiver )

Any pointers on this.Thanks

I think it will not improve the sound as the Bluetooth Aux out (means that the bluetooth player is converting the digital files to analog) and then I am not sure how will you connect the Analog to Digital to Arcam DAC.
Instead of this route I would suggest that you go with the wireless adapter of the Arcam which I think is compatible with the Arcam DAC and allows you to transmit the files digitally via the wireless medium directly to the Arcam and the DAC will convert to Analog. Otherwise converting digital to analog and then analog to digital and feeding to your Arcam will complicate and might degrade the sounds and there will be no improvement.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@greenhorn - Coz there is no way I can connect my 3.5mm to 2 rca from my bluetooth adaptor directly into my arcam irdac. So i figured i would first convert it into digital and run an optical cable to my arcam and then rca out from arcam into my denon ext in. But yes, to much analog into digital processing happening which may actually degrade the quality.
I actually had all this lying around so was thinking of doing it. But if I have to buy more stuff then i ll probably skip.

using a standalone DAC to listen to bluetooth audio is a bit of overkill. Even if you are running aptx on both ends, you are still listening to an already compressed digital stream.
If the Bluetooth reciever is half decent, that should be enough, and your gains from routing it via the rDAC would be marginal.

There is a new bluetooth adapter from bose. It has digital optical out which can be fed into dac. It has aptx also. Reviews are good.

The best wireless digital connection will be using wifi and a wireless audio reciever with both analog and digital out. There are many available for around 4000 to 1000.

The second best option is using a bluetooth adapter with aptx support like the saturn pro from avantree.

The best wireless digital connection will be using wifi and a wireless audio reciever with both analog and digital out. There are many available for around 4000 to 1000.

The second best option is using a bluetooth adapter with aptx support like the saturn pro from avantree.

Back