Bluetooth streaming vs HDMi ARC audio

Saket

Dear FMs,

I have ordered a Blaupunkt SBW02 soundbar which I shall be getting in a few days. I will couple it with my MI TV4. Now I would like your views on the mode of connection between the two. I shall wall mount the soundbar just below the TV set.
The soundbar (& the accompanied sub woofer) support following connection modes:
1. HDMi ARC
2. Bluetooth streaming
3. Optical In
4. AUX In

Out of the above 4, MI TV4 supports first 3. The optical in will require a converter though, which I am not keen on buying, so my options are first two only. I would like to connect it through bluetooth, since there will be no wire clutter with this mode. And the soundbar's proximity to the TV should not pose much challenges. I would like to know the pros & cons of this connection mode vs HDMi ARC. I can use the ARC mode but I have heard that even this mode is not exactly free of cons. Please suggest if bluetooth will support stereo output without degrading the audio? I mostly watch online content. If it does, then it will be my preferred route.

Regards,
Saket

Best option of the above is HDMI ARC (supports bit stream upto 5.1 & PCM 2 channel and sound bar can be controlled from TV)
Whereas optical In supports bit stream upto 5.1 & PCM 2 channel.
Bluetooth streams two channel audio to sound bar in a lossy audio codec.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back