Bollywood!

Can't believe this was 2008!!

bachna-ae-haseeno_mobile.jpg

Time passed by fast, right? I too get surprised to realise that some of these albums/films are almost 20 years old and I was in my thirties then! The 90’s in contrast seems appropriately distant. Is that because Bollywood music from 00s was modern enough (stylistically as well as technically) with stalwarts like ARR and SAL making albums that still sound contemporary? Possibly.

Time passed by fast, right? I too get surprised to realise that some of these albums/films are almost 20 years old and I was in my thirties then! The 90’s in contrast seems appropriately distant. Is that because Bollywood music from 00s was modern enough (stylistically as well as technically) with stalwarts like ARR and SAL making albums that still sound contemporary? Possibly.

IMO these were the albums that started the trend towards a more modern sound in Bollywood.
Listening to them really makes you think how a 20 year album still sounds this good.

Kyo dil mera-from Paharganj
Kabhi - Josh
Chandralekha - from Chor Chor
Raga Music (by A R Rahman) - Thaalam
Mere Bina - from Crook
La la la - from Baazaar
Tohfa - Vayu
Varaha Roopam - Kantara
Shauq - Quala
Alvida - D Company

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back