Bookshelf speaker for 5.1 set up

premhifi

Hi Friends,

I have Yamaha YHT-196 Htib. I am looking for upgrading the front speakers.

Due to budget constrains, am planning to stick with Cambridge S30. Can someone tell me. What difference can i expect from this speaker comparing the stock yamaha stock half KG speakers in Layman's terms.

Price: i got the best quote as 11K . What is the cheapest price i can bargain?

Colour: Black or Dark Oak (which one looks good)

Thanks,
Prem

Hi Friends,

Due to budget constrains, am planning to stick with Cambridge S30. Can someone tell me. What difference can i expect from this speaker comparing the stock yamaha stock half KG speakers in Layman's terms.

Colour: Black or Dark Oak (which one looks good)

Thanks,
Prem

Sound Quality... HTIB speakers don't produce the best sound..... You will discover yourself about the difference in sound quality...

at the same time..remeber the entry level avr are not that powerful..so look for high efficient speaker and..dont turn vol very hi..
i did the same thing..having onkyo 3400..got separate speakers..and chenged the stocked ones..yes sound change is very evident

Hi Friends,

Thanks,
Prem

Cambridge S30 is a very good speaker for it's price. It will be much much better than those Yamaha htib speakers. Only thing is you might not have a uniform sound over the front soundstage as you will have a satellite speaker for center.

These speakers are hard to get, so I guess you can't bargain much.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your reply and suggestions....

I will report you once i buy Cs30. It's not in stock at Bangalore and online.

But the dealer in Chennai is quoting the price as Rs.8900 which is shocking for me. Is it a demo/used set, shall i go for it? or the dealer is quoting very competitive price?

Thanks,
Prem

But the dealer in Chennai is quoting the price as Rs.8900 which is shocking for me. Is it a demo/used set, shall i go for it? or the dealer is quoting very competitive price?

Thanks,
Prem

Is it Cressida AV? They have a demo piece AFAIK, and they might have one or two pairs of fresh pieces too. He has been having them for a long time, so he is selling for the old price, I guess.

Last edited:
Is it Cressida AV? They have a demo piece AFAIK, and they might have one or two pairs of fresh pieces too. He has been having them for a long time, so he is selling for the old price, I guess.

Yeah Cressida. if you can confirm that he is providing the new speaker i can as my friend to buy it for me..... or i can ask the cressida to ship it. can i trust them?

Yeah Cressida. if you can confirm that he is providing the new speaker i can as my friend to buy it for me..... or i can ask the cressida to ship it. can i trust them?

It's better if your friend visits Cressida and buy the speakers after verifying it's not a demo piece. Not sure how much they will charge for shipping it.

It's better if your friend visits Cressida and buy the speakers after verifying it's not a demo piece
9.gif

Thanks,
Prem

Have you bought the speakers and tried it out with Yahama YHT196. How is the performance. is the amp powerful enough to drive the speakers. I am planning also to upgrade the 5 speakers . Thanks

Last edited:
Hi All,

Finally i bought Cambridge Audio S30 to replace my satellite front speakers of YHT-196. Its really cool. It produces decent bass:yahoo:

Very good for music. It can go real loud when you turn up the volume.

I am very impressed with the performance. In future, i am planning to use them as surround speakers once i buy a good Floor standers.

Let me know, if someone is interested in my satellite speaker pair.
premkumar.r.cseATgmailDOTcom

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back