Bookshelf Speaker for NAD 705 amp

balaji.jkb

Folks,

This post might be a repetitive one for BS thread. however this will be for a Old NAD amp. which is 40w at 8ohms , Thd 0.03%

I am looking for a BS for Music listening & occasionally for movies

Source : FLAC & WAV via TV Optical to DAC

Speakers tried:
- I have tried the Elac B6 speaker which is good but i am missing out the High's for most of the song.
- KEF Q100 - which is a defect speaker so i couldnt judge further.
- Monitor Audio Bronze: This was impressive however it lacks the bass feel.

Other Choices are KEF Q300, JBL Studio 230. let me know if there are any other choices

Equipments are : Fiio D03 Dac, Bluejeans cable
Music i Listen : Tamil, Hindi & English not a all time EDM lover

Currently in United states.

Thanks
Balaji

Hey Hi,

Being in the States you should have numerous options and also places to audition. Do you have your Amp with you? If yes, why not carry it to one those auditioning outlets and try out the speakers? Ideally you should look at fairly efficient speakers for the amp to be able to drive them well.

MaSh

NAD being a bit heavy on the low end, should definitely boost bass from MA. I have been using NAD with Dali and felt lack of highs initially. However, with tone defeat mode in the front panel make it more neutral.
Try PSB imagine series with NAD and you should be sorted for your stereo needs.

Ended up again in Elac B6. Planning to add a tweeter not sure it will replace the existing one or adding as a separate. This idea was suggested by a Audio Expert guy. Will keep you posted

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back