Bookshelf Speaker to pair with Marantz Amp??

Heisenberg

Hi forum members!!!
I'm planning to purchase a pair of bookshelf speakers to go with Marantz PM 5005 amp (Their entry level amp - If there are any better amp in this price range (22K) please suggest!!).
I had a demo of Polk Audio S20, which sounded great to me. I haven't been able to get a demo of Wharfedale Diamond 220 yet so cant comment on them. But while going through other speaker options in this price range i found a pair of speakers from Q acoustics 3020, ELAC Debut B5 and Dali Spektor 1( I have got a demo, but they are not as punchy and tight as the Polk one's IMO)as well.
I maybe able to have a demo of Q acoustics and ELAC.
Kidnly suggest which one of them would be better??
Suggest any other options if available in the price range of 20-25k.
P.S. I dont plan to add a sub.
My room size is around 130 Sqft.

Last edited:
Consider Mission LX2 and Wharfe 225 also.
For amps, look at Norge as well.
There are a couple of recent similar threads. Hope you have checked those.

Hey Hi,

That is a very nice amp. Simple and reliable. What you need to look at slightly brighter speaker to offset the warmish sound of the Marantz and be fairly efficient. Off the list, you can consider Polk Rti or S series, Dali Zensor and Q Acoustics. I would not recommend the Elac as they are not efficient and will not perform to their potential with this Marantz amp.

MaSh

Hey Hi,

That is a very nice amp. Simple and reliable. What you need to look at slightly brighter speaker to offset the warmish sound of the Marantz and be fairly efficient. Off the list, you can consider Polk Rti or S series, Dali Zensor and Q Acoustics. I would not recommend the Elac as they are not efficient and will not perform to their potential with this Marantz amp.

MaSh
Thanks a lot..i have listened to polk S20 which IMO sounded pretty good..maybe can have a demo of Q acoustics..wat abt wharfedale 220??any suggestions on that..

Thanks a lot..i have listened to polk S20 which IMO sounded pretty good..maybe can have a demo of Q acoustics..wat abt wharfedale 220??any suggestions on that..

Wharfedale are very good speakers, but warm, and matching them with a Warm amp would make the whole experience very warm. You could audition nevertheless, we all have different tastes.

MaSh

I have audition both wharfedale diamond 220 and Dali zensor 1 with marantz amp. To me Dali is better choice than wharfedale. But you listen both and then decide. Don't trust reviews.
Thanks..but i have been able to demo only dali spektor 1 as Dali zensor is not available..

Wharfedale are very good speakers, but warm, and matching them with a Warm amp would make the whole experience very warm. You could audition nevertheless, we all have different tastes.

MaSh
Okk..i would be going for a demo

MaSh
Okk..i would be going for a demo of Q acoustics for sure..lets see if i can do a demo of wharfedale as well..can u help me out with an idea about Boston Acoustics..will they be good??as tower speakers of BA are available in my price bracket....

Hi forum members!!!
I'm planning to purchase a pair of bookshelf speakers to go with Marantz PM 5005 amp (Their entry level amp - If there are any better amp in this price range (22K) please suggest!!).
I had a demo of Polk Audio S20, which sounded great to me. I haven't been able to get a demo of Wharfedale Diamond 220 yet so cant comment on them. But while going through other speaker options in this price range i found a pair of speakers from Q acoustics 3020, ELAC Debut B5 and Dali Spektor 1( I have got a demo, but they are not as punchy and tight as the Polk one's IMO)as well.
I maybe able to have a demo of Q acoustics and ELAC.
Kidnly suggest which one of them would be better??
Suggest any other options if available in the price range of 20-25k.
P.S. I dont plan to add a sub.
My room size is around 130 Sqft.

What is the price quote u got for QA 3020 in Kolkata?

help me out with an idea about Boston Acoustics
BA26 are good VFM, I'm using them for my TV room ; slightly bass heavy, lack resolution of Dali Zensor 3, but dalis cost double. Pairing with bright amps like Yamaha /onkyo is better but Marantz / NAD work reasonably good. The A series Floorstanding speakers are equally good VFM, you'll have to invest double the budget to get an appreciable SQ over BA 360 FS. You can buy them if in your budget.
Polk RTI A3 are another very good option that pair well with Marantz.

Boston Acoustics A26... I use them in my home theater, excellent VFM.
They are available on discount at Amazon.in at 15.5K a pair.

Sorry no idea about BA. Never heard any from that brand.

MaSh
Okk..well auditioned for both q acoustics 3020i as well as diamond 220..q acoustics felt better for my kind of music...confused a little bit between polk audio s20 and the 3020i...

BA26 are good VFM, I'm using them for my TV room ; slightly bass heavy, lack resolution of Dali Zensor 3, but dalis cost double. Pairing with bright amps like Yamaha /onkyo is better but Marantz / NAD work reasonably good. The A series Floorstanding speakers are equally good VFM, you'll have to invest double the budget to get an appreciable SQ over BA 360 FS. You can buy them if in your budget.
Polk RTI A3 are another very good option that pair well with Marantz.
Well right now i am considering polk audio s20 and q acoustics 3020i..any suggestions?? Will be pairing them with marantz..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back