Bookshelf Speaker to pair with Marantz Amp??

Okk..well auditioned for both q acoustics 3020i as well as diamond 220..q acoustics felt better for my kind of music...confused a little bit between polk audio s20 and the 3020i...

Hmm in my opinion I feel the QA is slightly more refined than the Polk. Both would definitely need a sub. Pick the one that your ears liked.

MaSh

Q Acoustics are bit subtle and smooth, so is Marantz ; I'd prefer to pair Marantz with Polks, Dali or Wharfs.
are wharfe good match? I am looking for speakers for my Marantz receiver and currently have wharfe 225 , was thinking abt upgrading to wharfe 230 or 240 but than thought about MA bronze 6 or similar as they may be even better.

MA bronze 6 is far better than Wharfedale 240, 230 and expensive too..
wharfe 240 is around 60k and MA bronze 6 is around 80k so not that much of a difference, but what matters is quality of sound improvement, considering the fact that expensive is not always the better.

wharfe 240 is around 60k and MA bronze 6 is around 80k so not that much of a difference
It is for someone on a tight budget. Everyone's needs are different. That is exactly why it's always best to start your own thread. That way there will be precise answers for all requirements.
No offense, just my view.

wharfe 240 is around 60k and MA bronze 6 is around 80k so not that much of a difference, but what matters is quality of sound improvement, considering the fact that expensive is not always the better.
i had listened it with Marantz sr7007 in my friend's house, MA Bronze 6 have fabulous detail delivery with big Sound stage, and crisp bass and center image was very good (you can feel that vocals are coming from centre)and built quality is top notch. i also had a chance to listen wharfedale 230 and Boston 360 but i like Boston A360's sound.

What did you pair your Marantz with finally ?

I am getting SR6012 & planning to go with Q Acoustics concept 20 series.....any thoughts

We (Me and my friend) did many auditions of bookshelf speakers for Marantz PM5005 around 1.5 years ago. We found only two speakers that sounded great to our ears with this amp. One was Tannoy V1i and another was Monitor Audio MR2. Out of these we selected MA MR2. Even the higher version of Monitor Audio did not sound good.

If possible, please try to audition these speakers. You might be surprised.

Wharfedale are very good speakers, but warm, and matching them with a Warm amp would make the whole experience very warm.

Very true. I have the same combo and I can confirm that it. I tend to keep the treble high and bass mid.

What did you pair your Marantz with finally ?

I am getting SR6012 & planning to go with Q Acoustics concept 20 series.....any thoughts
If you like Q Acoustics then why not Concept 40. SR6012 being 185w per channel, you should go for a floorstander.

yeah sure. Firstly i have a space issue that my projector screen is in the place where speakers can't stand on the floor and will need a wall mount and thought it may not be a good idea to provide such heavy supports. Plus i feel BS+SUB would do a pretty good job instead of a FS.

If u are looking for a punchy speakers then couple of things u have to keep it in your mind before making a purchase.
1,you may not obtain the fullest performance unless u mount the bookshelf on a sturdy and heavy stands.
2,you have to invest a decent amount on the stands and isolators to make the bookshelf perform.
3,try the Dali zensors it's anytime better sounding speakers if u compare with the polk's.

Hi forum members!!!
I'm planning to purchase a pair of bookshelf speakers to go with Marantz PM 5005 amp (Their entry level amp - If there are any better amp in this price range (22K) please suggest!!).
I had a demo of Polk Audio S20, which sounded great to me. I haven't been able to get a demo of Wharfedale Diamond 220 yet so cant comment on them. But while going through other speaker options in this price range i found a pair of speakers from Q acoustics 3020, ELAC Debut B5 and Dali Spektor 1( I have got a demo, but they are not as punchy and tight as the Polk one's IMO)as well.
I maybe able to have a demo of Q acoustics and ELAC.
Kidnly suggest which one of them would be better??
Suggest any other options if available in the price range of 20-25k.
P.S. I dont plan to add a sub.
My room size is around 130 Sqft.
i am selling my polk S20 pair great sound without subwoofer just 3 months old if u r interested contact me on 9650996854

Hi forum members!!!
I'm planning to purchase a pair of bookshelf speakers to go with Marantz PM 5005 amp (Their entry level amp - If there are any better amp in this price range (22K) please suggest!!).
I had a demo of Polk Audio S20, which sounded great to me. I haven't been able to get a demo of Wharfedale Diamond 220 yet so cant comment on them. But while going through other speaker options in this price range i found a pair of speakers from Q acoustics 3020, ELAC Debut B5 and Dali Spektor 1( I have got a demo, but they are not as punchy and tight as the Polk one's IMO)as well.
I maybe able to have a demo of Q acoustics and ELAC.
Kidnly suggest which one of them would be better??
Suggest any other options if available in the price range of 20-25k.
P.S. I dont plan to add a sub.
My room size is around 130 Sqft.
Polks are v good for HT applications, not for 2ch stereo. WD 220s are v good for 2ch stereo, but are not all rounders and can sound dull in certain types of music, and also being warm will not be a match for Marantz as Marantz itself is warm and the combo can sound dull. Q acoustics 3020 are v good speakers and are very refined, but lack bass and will require the assitance of a sub, which in itself is very difficult to integrate to the fronts. Elacs are not that good and have low sensitivity, hence more power will be required from the amp. Dalis are good but can sound harsh at times. Bostons can get boomy and are not that refined as the Q accoustics, and can sound somewhat unnatural.

Of all of the above, WD220s are the best, balanced in every aspect, but the only problem is they are not all rounders and being warm, will not pair well with Marantz.

So what to do ? I would suggest the following.
1. Don't fall into the trap of marketing hypes.
2. You can choose either of Norge 1000 Gold or 2060, simple zero problem amps. Excellent support from company and if required, can also be repaired locally. With them pair the Norge Millenium speakers, not Ultimo.

Norge 1000 is around 80 watts rms at 1khz, which will be around 60 watts rms in the entire frequency range of 20hz to 20khz.
Norge 2060 is around 60 watts rms at 1khz, which will be around 45 watts rms in the entire frequency range of 20hz to 20khz.

3. If you opt for Marantz PM5005, then pair them with Sonodyne bookshelf 3260. Or else with Taga B40. For a secondary small speaker I could have also suggested Taga Platinum One, but not for primary.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back