Bookshelf speakers for Marantz PM8005

forever.pramod

I do have Denon X2000 with Dali Zensor 7 as front, Zensor 1 as surround and Zensor Vocal for HT and same front Zensor 7s are being used for Music pairing with Marantz PM8005. I need to do a hassle free job of swapping banana plugs or using switches for front speakes. So, need 2 more speakers to make the HT and Music separate.

Velodyne sub is there for HT.

There are 3 options as below. Please suggest me which one is better.

1. buy Zensor 1 or 3 pair for using as front of HT and use exising zensor 7 for music
2. buy Zensor 3 pair for using for music and use exising zensor 7 for front of HT (prefering zensor because it will give me flexibility of swapping 7 and 3 for music and movies, as all are from same series)
3. buy any other series of Dali or some other brand (bookshelf only) for Marantz Amp (As I am happy with my Dali, so hope any other brand may not fulfill it)
4. continue with swapping same speakers for both and save some money :)

My budget is 60-70k

Well if you have the space for an extra pair of speakers, then nothing like it.

Or, you could get a diy speaker switch made by FM @sadik. The switch takes speaker inputs from two amps and sends out one Output to the speaker via a flick able switch. A number of FMs are using it.

MaSh

Consider using a switch if both systems are going to be co-located in the same living space.
If you are considering a new set of speakers, get a pair of bookshelves for HT as there is a good sub in play.

Regards,
Raghu

Well if you have the space for an extra pair of speakers, then nothing like it.

Or, you could get a diy speaker switch made by FM @sadik. The switch takes speaker inputs from two amps and sends out one Output to the speaker via a flick able switch. A number of FMs are using it.

MaSh
Yes I am aware of that switch, and I am currently using my own made electrical switch box got it. but my doubt is after using good quality speaker cable, if we reroute those signal though switches, won't be it degrade the quality? I know it will be negligible as per my setup, then the cable I am using is chord clearway cable. Then there is no benefits of using it. I am sorry if I am diverting from main topic, but I am consfused

Yes I am aware of that switch, and I am currently using my own made electrical switch box got it. but my doubt is after using good quality speaker cable, if we reroute those signal though switches, won't be it degrade the quality? I know it will be negligible as per my setup, then the cable I am using is chord clearway cable. Then there is no benefits of using it. I am sorry if I am diverting from main topic, but I am consfused
Hmm you are right, if the cable inside is not at the same level, then it might affect, whether it's noticable or not, I am not sure. The lengths inside are not much, if you have a bit of extra speaker cable, you could use the same inside the switch too.

But again, getting a separate set of speakers is ideal. Use the Z7 for music running them full range. Get a pair of Z1 or Z3 for your home theatre fronts. Since you would be using a sub with the bookshelves,there should be no issues.

MaSh

I do have Denon X2000 with Dali Zensor 7 as front, Zensor 1 as surround and Zensor Vocal for HT and same front Zensor 7s are being used for Music pairing with Marantz PM8005. I need to do a hassle free job of swapping banana plugs or using switches for front speakes. So, need 2 more speakers to make the HT and Music separate.

1. buy Zensor 1 or 3 pair for using as front of HT and use exising zensor 7 for music
2. buy Zensor 3 pair for using for music and use exising zensor 7 for front of HT (prefering zensor because it will give me flexibility of swapping 7 and 3 for music and movies, as all are from same series)
3. buy any other series of Dali or some other brand (bookshelf only) for Marantz Amp (As I am happy with my Dali, so hope any other brand may not fulfill it)

My budget is 60-70k

Option 2........you are sorted then

My budget is 60-70k

I think Marantz PM8005 has HT Bypass ( Power Amp Direct ), you can just connect as below

AVR Front Pre Out -> Marantz PM8005 (Power Amp Direct In) -> Zensor 7

With abouv you can share Zensor 7 for 5.1 and Stereo.

if your AVR does not have Front Pre out then suggest you to upgrade AVR.

Zensor 3s are available at great prices now, that definitely is an option, to use them as HT speakers that is.
Zensor 7s are great budget towers in their price range, I used Zensor 3s with my Marantz for a few days, it is a good match. I would imagine the 7s would sing really well with your 8005.
My Usher bookshelves are a great match with Marantz, it is a pity they are not available any more. If you by great chance come across any used then do not let go, very different from Zensors but a lot more refined and articulate.

Yes.
I think Marantz PM8005 has HT Bypass ( Power Amp Direct ), you can just connect as below

AVR Front Pre Out -> Marantz PM8005 (Power Amp Direct In) -> Zensor 7

With abouv you can share Zensor 7 for 5.1 and Stereo.

if your AVR does not have Front Pre out then suggest you to upgrade AVR.

Yes, my Denon AVR doesn't support front pre-out, that's the issue. Now upgrading AVR will give me one more burden that's selling my old AVR. And using pre-out of AVR with Stereo Amp will need to turn ON both the amp while watching movies, isn't it misuse of resources (although I am not sure)

Yes.

Yes, my Denon AVR doesn't support front pre-out, that's the issue. Now upgrading AVR will give me one more burden that's selling my old AVR. And using pre-out of AVR with Stereo Amp will need to turn ON both the amp while watching movies, isn't it misuse of resources (although I am not sure)
I think it as balancing load on AVR.
Front left and right speaker load handled by Integrated
Rest of the speaker load will be on AVR.

Planning to make Music setup separate. Auditioned Q Acoustics Concept 20 with Marantz AVR last week, liked it. Can someone please guide if Concept 20 with a sub will be better option or I can plan for Concept 40 (as cost of speaker stands will be included if I buy BS). I have read reviews saying that Concept 40 doesn't have that much bass as like Zensor 7. So, will I need a sub with Concept 40 too.

My budget is 60-70k
Hi sir, go for kef reference bookshelf speakers , good speakers

Planning to make Music setup separate. Auditioned Q Acoustics Concept 20 with Marantz AVR last week, liked it. Can someone please guide if Concept 20 with a sub will be better option or I can plan for Concept 40 (as cost of speaker stands will be included if I buy BS). I have read reviews saying that Concept 40 doesn't have that much bass as like Zensor 7. So, will I need a sub with Concept 40 too.
Integrating a sub properly with a stereo setup is not an easy task, 9 times of 10 where sub is used other compromises are made since the integration is not perfect, that is my experience. The best use case of a subwoofer for a stereo is no-subwoofer, my humble opinion.
The concept 20s may not have that hefty low end like the Zensor 7s but for me they are superior speakers, very easy going and relaxed sound where you can listen to them for half a day without feeling fatigued. Zensor 7s are not bad, far far from it but the Concept 20s are just that much better for me. Unless you are a bass-head these should do very well, add to it a little experiment with positioning and some room treatment, I don't think you will be that disappointed.

Integrating a sub properly with a stereo setup is not an easy task, 9 times of 10 where sub is used other compromises are made since the integration is not perfect, that is my experience. The best use case of a subwoofer for a stereo is no-subwoofer, my humble opinion.

Not really. We just went through pages of that discussion on that LS50 thread.

ciao
gr

Not really. We just went through pages of that discussion on that LS50 thread.

ciao
gr
oh....I actually have not looked at that thread. I could be wrong but am speaking from my own experience.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back