Dali zensor 3 vs zensor 1

greendream

Hello everybody,
My new found interest in stereo music has me seeking Dali zensor bookshelf speakers.
The bedroom size is 170sft. The amplifier is a old Harman kardon AVR. The output in stereo mode is warm and beautiful.
Dealers in used market have both zensor 3 and 1.
Will there be a remarkable difference in output between the 2 speakers, my listening is largely Ilayaraja,rehman, and soft instrumentals.
If any of our esteemed members are willing to part with their zensor speakers kindly let me know. Apart from decent offer,I shall bear the cost and risk of transportation.
Thank you.

Any day, Z3 over Z1, they are very good speakers. You will get a higher base response from Z3 due to its driver size. But unfortunately, I think the Zenser series is discontinued.

Hello everybody,
My new found interest in stereo music has me seeking Dali zensor bookshelf speakers.
The bedroom size is 170sft. The amplifier is a old Harman kardon AVR. The output in stereo mode is warm and beautiful.
Dealers in used market have both zensor 3 and 1.
Will there be a remarkable difference in output between the 2 speakers, my listening is largely Ilayaraja,rehman, and soft instrumentals.
If any of our esteemed members are willing to part with their zensor speakers kindly let me know. Apart from decent offer,I shall bear the cost and risk of transportation.
Thank you.
Z3 would be a better option than Z1 as mentioned above. Z1 would be fine if you had a subwoofer. Z3 may give you decent amt of bass. But down the line you may need a sub since even the Z3 may be deficient below certain frequencies.
If you want to go the Dali route & if you dont get Z3 then you could try a preowned Oberon 3 which is supposed to be a better replacement for Z3.

What music will you be listening to?
If more bass, then Z3 else Z1 will be fine.

What is the speaker placement going to be?
If you have space constraints, the Z1 will work very well wall mounted.
I had a pair placed so in the bedroom of my earlier flat.

Any day, Z3 over Z1, they are very good speakers. You will get a higher base response from Z3 due to its driver size. But unfortunately, I think the Zenser series is discontinued.
Yes they are discontinued. Hence looking for used.
Z3 would be a better option than Z1 as mentioned above. Z1 would be fine if you had a subwoofer. Z3 may give you decent amt of bass. But down the line you may need a sub since even the Z3 may be deficient below certain frequencies.
If you want to go the Dali route & if you dont get Z3 then you could try a preowned Oberon 3 which is supposed to be a better replacement for Z3.
Considering them for stereo listening. Can do with out subwoofer. Used Oberon 3 would be too expensive.
What music will you be listening to?
If more bass, then Z3 else Z1 will be fine.

What is the speaker placement going to be?
If you have space constraints, the Z1 will work very well wall mounted.
I had a pair placed so in the bedroom of my earlier flat.
Ilayaraja and rehman music largely.
Love soft instrumentals too.
Placement is on stands with sufficient space from rear wall.
Kindly let me know if anyone is selling their zensor 3.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Yes they are discontinued. Hence looking for used.

Considering them for stereo listening. Can do with out subwoofer. Used Oberon 3 would be too expensive.

Ilayaraja and rehman music largely.
Love soft instrumentals too.
Placement is on stands with sufficient space from rear wall.
Kindly let me know if anyone is selling their zensor 3.

Thank you everyone for your replies.
You can look at this forum's pre-owned classifieds sale section and you may get lucky. All the best.

Hi everyone,
Dali zensor 3 is what I am looking at.
Have come across 5 year old zensor 3 in good condition. How much should I pay for them?
Their selling price was around 30k when new.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back