Bookshelf speakers for mounting on walls

waris

Hi,
Dear FMs I am looking at Elac debut 2.0 B5.2 and Q acoustics 3020i for my front channels. Both manufacturers say that these speakers can be mounted near a wall. However Elac are front ported and Q acoustics are back ported.
Which one of these will be suitable for wall mounting or keeping on bookshelf.
Also suggest if the idea of wall mounting is good or do you suggest I need to look at Elac OWB.
But OWB only go down to 70Hz.
Please provide suggestions on how to proceed.

I have the Q acoustics 3020i and i have them wall mounted. the brackets have to be purchased separately. i use it for stereo however.

I have the Q acoustics 3020i and i have them wall mounted. the brackets have to be purchased separately. i use it for stereo however.
Can you pls post a pic of them wall mounted, going for a similar arrangement. Also what wall mount did you use?

Hello everyone,
Getting very few replies. Did I post the question in wrong thread.
Moderators please move to correct thread if needed.
I really need to clear this doubt.

As mentioned above, Q Acoustics 3020i can be wall mounted using the bracket which has to be purchased seperately.

Polk Audio RTi A1 and A3 can also be wall mounted. The wall mount is built inot the back of the speaker.

I have my A1s wall mounted in my 5.1 setup.

As mentioned above, Q Acoustics 3020i can be wall mounted using the bracket which has to be purchased seperately.

Polk Audio RTi A1 and A3 can also be wall mounted. The wall mount is built inot the back of the speaker.

I have my A1s wall mounted in my 5.1 setup.
Any feedback on Elac. They are front ported. Does that mean they will be better for wall mounting compared to other speakers?

Hi,
Dear FMs I am looking at Elac debut 2.0 B5.2 and Q acoustics 3020i for my front channels. Both manufacturers say that these speakers can be mounted near a wall. However Elac are front ported and Q acoustics are back ported.
Also suggest if the idea of wall mounting is good or do you suggest I need to look at Elac OWB.
Nothing wrong with wall mounting for HT and go by the one you like..front porting or rear porting should not matter as long as the min distance from wall is maintained

If you are setting it up for HT you will anyway need a sub based on your setting for the cutoff frequency, 70 hz seems quite OK.

Hi,
By front channels I think this is meant for home theatre.. and you have a subwoofer.
So if you have a subwoofer then the on wall model will do the job and look good when mounted on wall.

Good luck.

Hi,
If you have the space you can fix make 2 shelves on the walls and keep the speakers on top. For under 30k you can also think of Polk Rti A3, which needs only 1 screw per speaker to hang them.

If you are going to use a sub then normally the AVR cross over setting would be 80 hz or above, so it doesn't matter if the fronts can go only to 70 hz. There will be no frequencies below 80 hz going to the fronts.

If you are not able to have shelves or worried about the wall mounts, you could get the Dali Oberon On wall speakers for fronts. Again, just 2 screws to hang them and they look good too, but slightly higher price than Polk or 3020.

Are you happy with the performance of 3020i? Also do the mounts feel secure?
The mounts are good.
Since they are small i initial was doubtful. But after fixing them i dont have such doubts.
The speakers are designed to fit on the brackets.
And the brackets are designed very nicely. Very minimalistic look. elegant.

Regarding the speakers yes they are good. musical i would say. For first 3 months we may feel bass is less and we may feel frustrated about our decision but after that you will like it. however first audition them.

The mounts are good.
Since they are small i initial was doubtful. But after fixing them i dont have such doubts.

Regarding the speakers yes they are good. musical i would say. For first 3 months we may feel bass is less and we may feel frustrated about our decision but after that you will like it. however first audition them.
Thank you.
Already have a sub so bass is sorted out. Hifimart is selling them for 23k. Looks tempting. Since I need them for HT setup, I am confused between Polk S15+S30 and Qacoustics 3020i+3090c. Let’s hope I end up making the right choice :D

Nothing wrong with wall mounting for HT and go by the one you like..front porting or rear porting should not matter as long as the min distance from wall is maintained

If you are setting it up for HT you will anyway need a sub based on your setting for the cutoff frequency, 70 hz seems quite OK.
How much gap will be needed from wall? Say I have a 12 inch shelf, can I keep speakers on it?

By front channels I think this is meant for home theatre.. and you have a subwoofer.
So if you have a subwoofer then the on wall model will do the job and look good when mounted on wall.

Good luck.
You mean on wall models ? I think Elac and Dali has them but Elac one is 4.5inch driver and Dali are costly.

If you have the space you can fix make 2 shelves on the walls and keep the speakers on top. For under 30k you can also think of Polk Rti A3, which needs only 1 screw per speaker to hang them.

If you are going to use a sub then normally the AVR cross over setting would be 80 hz or above, so it doesn't matter if the fronts can go only to 70 hz. There will be no frequencies below 80 hz going to the fronts.

If you are not able to have shelves or worried about the wall mounts, you could get the Dali Oberon On wall speakers for fronts. Again, just 2 screws to hang them and they look good too, but slightly higher price than Polk or 3020.
Yes I can have dedicated shelfs made for speakers. I was thinking of same but was worried about damping as speakers will not be rigid and may cause some movement.

The mounts are good.

Hi,
Could you share some pictures for us. It will really help in deciding as you know WAF factor .

How much gap will be needed from wall? Say I have a 12 inch shelf, can I keep speakers on it?

You mean on wall models ? I think Elac and Dali has them but Elac one is 4.5inch driver and Dali are costly.

Yes I can have dedicated shelfs made for speakers. I was thinking of same but was worried about damping as speakers will not be rigid and may cause some movement.

Hi,
Could you share some pictures for us. It will really help in deciding as you know WAF factor .
some more photos of the wall brackets...
closer look

Attachments

• 20201003_003133.jpg
    20201003_003133.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20201003_003111.jpg
    20201003_003111.jpg
    866.8 KB · Views: 46
For under 40k, you can also look into a pair of Taga Harmony LCR60 or a pair of Fyne Audio LCR. Slim design, couple of screws to mount, looks good too. Don't know about the Taga, but Fyne Audio is quite a bit hot at the top end.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back