Bookshelf Speakers - need expert opinions

plasmoid

Hi guys...am planning to upgrade my speakers. Was thinking of going in for bookshelf speakers and have been eyeing the Wharfedale Diamond 121 (have read amazing reviews and also read they are not fussy with placement) These are available on hifimart.com (dedicated stands are also available for 16k)

Roomsize:12x16 feet
Present Speakers:Wharfedale Sapphire SP88 floorstanders (Bass is a bit flabby but mids and highs are amazingly smooth)
Amplifier - Marantz PM7000
Budget:50k(inclusive of stands) but can be stretched to 70k if I can also get dedicated stands with some better model. Basically these speakers will be used for another 8-10 years.
Sound Preference:Good Sound stage,Tight bass with VERY VERY smooth/warm/laid-back mids and highs.

Just wanted to know your opinion on the Wharf 121...other speaker suggestions are most welcome.

Regards,
Sharad

Sharad Have yoiu considered other alternatives ?? Like Custom made from some good fellas ?? There are a couple of them in Bangalore especially who do fantastic speakers which are more often then not have been "talk of the town",Search the forum and you'll find these gems.

I could've posted the links myself,but off late have a dubious reputation for being pseudo marketeer,So won't ! But will say its MUST for you are serious bout quality sound !!

Wharfedale Diamond 121 are out of stock on hifimart. I am monitoring hifimart to get some offer on this speaker? :)

Hi base model of Dynaudio will do the job for you.Focal is also a good option actually you need a solid bass so be car full on the selection of speakers.KEF is very good at vocals and heights not soo good at bass department. Don't go for Wharfedale 121 its not bad but if you master in three department on Vocal+ heights+ bass then you need very good speakers.

But always remember to demo the speakers with your amp your taste of music is not mine.So trust only on your ears.
-

Do audition the deftech studio monitors as mentioned in above post.

Music ranch , jayanagar deals with Deftech.

Sharad Have yoiu considered other alternatives ?? Like Custom made from some good fellas ?? There are a couple of them in Bangalore especially who do fantastic speakers which are more often then not have been "talk of the town",Search the forum and you'll find these gems.

I could've posted the links myself,but off late have a dubious reputation for being pseudo marketeer,So won't ! But will say its MUST for you are serious bout quality sound !!

Feel free to PM me the links :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back