Bookshelves for Enbee Amplfier

frend2001

Hi FMs,

Calling out to the forum for speakers to mate with my Enbee Pre/Power.

The amp is 80wpc @ 8 Ohms.

Now the requirement is like :

1. A budget around 20k ~ 5k
2. The Enbee is a very musical amplifier and has a good low end grunt. It has a prominent mid range and just a little treble shy.
3. I can go for towers too but would prefer bookshelves due to space and budget constraints.
4. Listening covers old, new Hindi OSTs and some light rock and pop thrown in but I do like to feel some low freq.
presence in my music.
5. I can go for DIY route too but in that case I'd have to have detailed and explicit instructions to work as I am not
much familiar with crossover designs and port tuning. Woodworking can be arranged though.

I know I have demanded too much but then hey....I know this good forum has worked miracles before.

well fingers crossed.

Did I really asked for too much ?
Nope. You did not as too much. Check few threads in the "what should i buy" section. You may get better hints especially from people who have already bought after discussions.
Now i see you are based in Indore, and i have no idea what you can audition in your area, or if you are willing to travel for audition.
Loads of branded speakers available at your budget. Wharfedale,Dali, Q acoustics, Sonodyne etc. All have different characteristics and sound signatures, which you as an end user have to give it a listen and decide. As your amplifier is probably not going to be available with dealers, you have to guess a bit to how any given speaker may perform. From your decription of the amplifier, I would suggest auditioning Q acoustics or Dali Zensor speakers. Boston acoustics is another candidate for auditioning.

Hi there.....I own the exact same set of pre-power amplifiers from Enbee (ZX1/ZX80), though I have them paired with Enbee's own speakers. I would say that the speakers are on the warmer side of neutral - so pairing them with warm sounding speakers like Wharfedale may not be the best option.

Have you looked at getting some used Enbee speakers? Not sure if Mr Nakra (the creator of Enbee) made any bookshelf speakers, but his towers (which I have) are quite something. They do need some space to breathe (the speakers have 12 inch woofers), so they may not be the best fit for smaller rooms.

Best,
APK

With that power, look at Elac Debut B6.
It has a bit rolled off highs but very good mids and phenomenal lows.

There is a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze2 for sale which are offered at a great price. Seriously consider them.
There also are KEF Cresta, Dali Menuet available.

Hi there.....I own the exact same set of pre-power amplifiers from Enbee (ZX1/ZX80), though I have them paired with Enbee's own speakers. I would say that the speakers are on the warmer side of neutral - so pairing them with warm sounding speakers like Wharfedale may not be the best option.

Have you looked at getting some used Enbee speakers? Not sure if Mr Nakra (the creator of Enbee) made any bookshelf speakers, but his towers (which I have) are quite something. They do need some space to breathe (the speakers have 12 inch woofers), so they may not be the best fit for smaller rooms.

Best,
APK
Thanks for putting in the word.

I shall wait for sentinel speakers. A friend has promised to provide a pair which is extra with him

Many thanks to all FMs for their kind suggestions.

Cheers

Thanks for putting in the word.

I shall wait for sentinel speakers. A friend has promised to provide a pair which is extra with him

Many thanks to all FMs for their kind suggestions.

Cheers

Excellent! I have the Sentinel speakers with me, and they work fantastically well with the Enbee pre-power. They do need some space around to breathe, especially on both the sides. Would recommend atleast 2 feet from the side walls, and about a feet from the back wall. I have found around 7-8 feet between the speaker centers to be ideal. They will work better in a hall or drawing room as compared to a bedroom.

You will be hard pressed to beat this combo unless you are willing to pay upwards of 1 lac towards a new system. I have had my Enbee system for around 9 years now, and still find it difficult to upgrade unless I'm spending big bucks!

Do ask if you need any further information on the Enbees. Very few owners here on the forum.

Best,
APK

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back