Bose bought in USA to use in India?

naresh2879

Dear Friends,

Need you guys expertise and experiance to solve this problem.

I will be taking my Bose Cinemate 15 system back to India. I bought this a week back in the US. I was concerned whether the power rating difference will be an issue in India 110V vs 220V. I really appreciate if anybody can answer my questions regarding this.

1. I know I can use a step down transformer/converter for voltage difference.
2. US I guess works of 60Hz and India it is different. Will there be an issue even after I use a voltage converter in India?
3. The manual says "Power rating = 100V-240V 50/60 Hz 300W" So , I am thinking for a 750 W Step Down Transformer.Will this cause any issue for using Bose?

Can you please suggest which is the right step down transformer to use with this music system.

Note: I have read many interesting post in this forum but this is my first post seeking help :)

thanks much in advance.

Regards,
Naresh

Attachments

• Bose Power Rating.PNG
    Bose Power Rating.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 128
Are you sure you need a step down transformer? I could be wrong, but what the manual is saying is that the system can handle 100 to 240v. In my opinion you don't need a step down.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

What does the power rating say on the system?
Though it does seem to be dual voltage and will not need step down.

As suggested by FM's, you don't need a step down transformer as the rated power supply covers Indian conditions as well.

Can you see the actual product rating and provide us a picture. Then it would be easier to advice.

But based on your picture, looks like you do not need a step down. But an actual picture would be easy for us to confirm it.

It says clearly 100-240V so you won't need any transformer. What you'll need is a good universal adapter.

You dont need a transformer. It can handle the voltage , though I would run it through a Stabilizer or Spike buster.

In order to take care of voltage fluctuations, I am using a stepdown transformer with 150 volts output(Specialy made with 120,150 & 180volts tappings), so that even if the voltage goes up or down, still it is within the range of 110-220 volts. Here I presume that the power supply inside the equipment is of SMPS type.

In order to take care of voltage fluctuations, I am using a stepdown transformer with 150 volts output(Specialy made with 120,150 & 180volts tappings), so that even if the voltage goes up or down, still it is within the range of 110-220 volts. Here I presume that the power supply inside the equipment is of SMPS type.
If your system is rated for 240v then 150 is low voltage, in my opinion.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

If your system is rated for 240v then 150 is low voltage, in my opinion.

I am using the said transformer for my 40"Samsung lcd tv which states in its specification of voltage, as 110 to 220 volts A.C. So 150volts is approx.midway between the limits. Not only that, I am using this arrangement for last 6 years without any quality or any other problems. The S.M.P.S. power supply in the tv is taking care of the voltage comfortably. the same arrangement will suit any other equipment if its specifications about operating voltage limits are similar.

Can you see the actual product rating and provide us a picture. Then it would be easier to advice.

But based on your picture, looks like you do not need a step down. But an actual picture would be easy for us to confirm it.

Hi Vinod,
Attached the picture as requested.Kindly feed me back. thanks again.

Attachments

• Bose Back Panel Rating.jpg
    Bose Back Panel Rating.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Bose Power Rating.PNG
    Bose Power Rating.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 55

Hi Pradeep , thanks for the update. by the way can you please make and name of the transformer and place to buy incase if it is needed for me. thanks again.

The image clearly says 100-240V AC, 50/60 hertz, 300 W power consumption. My assumption is that you do not need any kind of transformer, step down etc.

Based on your technical information photo, it looks the same as above.

Bhaiya, you don't need any transformer, I've been running so many devices with the same power specs for a long time without any transformer. What I would recommend is a good universal power adapter as you'll have US-standard 2-pin power plug.

100-240V AC, 50/60 hertz, 300 W power consumption

It's the rating on a power supply, it means that the thing will operate off a wide input voltage range. That range covers the known voltages of most civilized places in the world including parts of Japan where the voltage can be 100VAC, and the US/North America where its 120VAC, and most of the rest of the world where it is 230-240VAC. It's known as a universal power supply. Therefore the unit can be used without any change except plug adapters worldwide.

Many of them will have a detachable cord with a modular entry plug so if you get the right cord you don't even need the adapter.

thanks
r/s.

Hi Pradeep , thanks for the update. by the way can you please make and name of the transformer and place to buy incase if it is needed for me. thanks again.

I got the transformer specially made locally for me from a transformer supplier to my company. Unfortunately the transformer manufacturer has closed his business. However you can get it made in your city by giving the specifications.

No transformer required. Period.
Lucky you.
I picked up a Acoustimass 10 last year from US and it had only 110V input specification. Unfortunately I couldn't get one with the same ratings as the one which is on your Bose. Hence i had to scout for a transformer.

Just plug with an adapter, play and enjoy the sound.

I recently purchase Soundtouch 300 soundbar along with Virtually invisible satellite speakers from the US. Both are rated for the full range which is 110v-240v at 50/60hz. Double checked the specs in the manual before plugging it to electrical supply

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back