Bose Lifestyle V25 5.0 Satellite Loudspeaker Package at clearance rate - your thoughts?

Donivlapog

Hi FMs, ever since I had been to a Bose HT audition in CP Delhi long back, I built an image that one day I should buy Bose products atleast as a collector but over the years felt they were overpriced and no big deal as many speakers gave better sound signatures. However I spotted a clearance sale price tag of 35k something for Bose Lifestyle V25 5.0 listed by a very known genuine dealer. I thought of using them as an HTIB (uncalibrated HTIB like some Onkyo or Yamaha models) and use it instead of a sound bar in a SOHO room TV which I use far and few between. I would not be frequency matching with a calibration software. It would be simply a HTIB substitute. Is this idea good or bad? (Just to put off a long time desire for Bose as a bucket list point check). Looks like it does not even need an AVR.

Last edited:
Hi FMs, ever since I had been to a Bose HT audition in CP Delhi long back, I built an image that one day I should buy Bose products atleast as a collector but over the years felt they were overpriced and no big deal as many speakers gave better sound signatures. However I spotted a clearance sale price tag of 35k something for Bose Lifestyle V25 5.0 listed by a very known genuine dealer. I thought of using them as an HTIB (uncalibrated HTIB like some Onkyo or Yamaha models) and use it instead of a sound bar in a SOHO room TV which I use far and few between. I would not be frequency matching with a calibration software. It would be simply a HTIB substitute. Is this idea good or bad? (Just to put off a long time desire for Bose as a bucket list point check). Looks like it does not even need an AVR.
Hello,
Are you going to use Bose 5.1 or 5.0 with entry level AVR,
Yes Bose with 5.1 does not need AVR, for small room it is ideal one.
Only draw back we can't upgrade speakers in future.

Its Excellent for the price especially as a Soundbar substitute. its small size means you can place it easily and also the wiring can be made unobtrusive

it may not have Atmos but in the future you can upgrade just the receiver and connect the speakers + additional speakers for ATMOS.

Why not negotiate with your known dealer for the latest model and convince him to give some lowest price and keep little margin for him, so you are in current world without thinking about atmos in future..

Bose systems ( ie the receiver) does not have Atmos/DTS etc AFAIK, but they have their own DSP for the effect. The ease of use is what they bank on and for the price may do Music + Films including radio et all far better.

Not a fan of bose other than their QC line of headphones. From my audition of a bose HT, at high volumes it was unlistenable. Please take a demo at your normal listening level and decide. :)

. However I spotted a clearance sale price tag of 35k something for Bose Lifestyle V25 5.0 listed by a very known genuine dealer. I thought of using them as an HTIB (uncalibrated HTIB like some Onkyo or Yamaha models) and use it instead of a sound bar in a SOHO room TV which I use far and few between.
If you can get Bose Lifestyle V25 5.0 for 35 k then its worth considering it. It's not best sounding system as per audiophiles , but considering the price you will get the best out of bucks. Also BOSE is definitely better than SOUND bars and all HTIB systems.
Also keep in mind clearance sale means , the product may be refurbished or it might be used extensively for demo ..or might be serviced and sold. Check the product thoroughly before purchasing the product. Also check for any warranty.
Also Check the dealer is posted only the speaker or with BOSE amplifier included.
Otherwise you also need to purchase basic AVR from DENON/YAMAHA ..etc (which would cost 45k minimum)..

Last edited:
Hi

Please check with this dealer what warranty is being offered as the model / product was discontinued since 2013.

If its not official warranty, you can get better models being sold by resellers over OLX and you can negotiate with them.

As advised the systems work well with their own amps console etc. I tried a stunt a couple of years back to add jewel cubes directly to my marantz avr and it didnt sound that great even after audyssey.

One of my school Buddys who was into sound before, did a lot of research and designed a crossover with components. I used the jewel cubes for a while then sold it off.

So please audition before closing any deal anywhere and its good practice to visit the net and check the owners manual to understand what comes with the product etc.

Hi

Please check with this dealer what warranty is being offered as the model / product was discontinued since 2013.

If its not official warranty, you can get better models being sold by resellers over OLX and you can negotiate with them.

As advised the systems work well with their own amps console etc. I tried a stunt a couple of years back to add jewel cubes directly to my marantz avr and it didnt sound that great even after audyssey.

One of my school Buddys who was into sound before, did a lot of research and designed a crossover with components. I used the jewel cubes for a while then sold it off.

So please audition before closing any deal anywhere and its good practice to visit the net and check the owners manual to understand what comes with the product etc.
Using the jewel cubes directly is not a great option. It is very important to use it with the Active Woofer. I do have a 15 year old AM3 used with a Pioneer AVR and it works perfectly.

But without the bass module will be difficult to play out

This is very very valid.

Sat+Sub systems live or die by the blending of the sub with the main Sat's. Thus, without the matching sub or the Bose amp with suitable DSP, it will be difficult to integrate 2nd party subs with these satellites. So, if optimum performance is not the criteria, then it will be alright to proceed. All the best :)

Using the jewel cubes directly is not a great option. It is very important to use it with the Active Woofer. I do have a 15 year old AM3 used with a Pioneer AVR and it works perfectly.

Yes I know, as mentioned tried with capacitors based on my sound engineer friends recommendation, it was better then for sometime till I sold it for upgrade. The bass module houses the crossover.

I use that small home office room rarely and so I am not sure of spending right away. Infact I have an entry level sound bar already Boat which gives a gruff sound which is more than enough currently. Bose brand tempted me but I will take my own time. Thanks for the inputs. Upgrades will make sense only if I visit regularly. I will cross the bridge when I get there.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back