Bose NC-35

jayantadak

I have been using the Bose NC-35 since around 3 years. Of lately, I have encountered two issues with the headphones:

1) I am not able to pair it with my Apple iphone XR. The Bose device does not appear on the Bluetooth list.
If I try to pair it with my Samsung phone, the Bose device appears in the Blue tooth list but does not connects.
2) After I disconnect by pushing the toggle switch of on-off towards the 'off' position, the pilot light displayes red light indicating that the headphones have been turned off, but after a while the green light comes up, indicating that the headphones have not been turned off, and remains in the on position resulting in discharge of the battery (as it must be searching for bluetooth connection)

Has anyone faced this , should I address the authorised Bose service for the issue or can I get it repaired with any other vendor who handles Bose equipments. The headphones are not under warranty anymore.

I have been using the Bose NC-35 since around 3 years. Of lately, I have encountered two issues with the headphones:

1) I am not able to pair it with my Apple iphone XR. The Bose device does not appear on the Bluetooth list.
If I try to pair it with my Samsung phone, the Bose device appears in the Blue tooth list but does not connects.
2) After I disconnect by pushing the toggle switch of on-off towards the 'off' position, the pilot light displayes red light indicating that the headphones have been turned off, but after a while the green light comes up, indicating that the headphones have not been turned off, and remains in the on position resulting in discharge of the battery (as it must be searching for bluetooth connection)

Has anyone faced this , should I address the authorised Bose service for the issue or can I get it repaired with any other vendor who handles Bose equipments. The headphones are not under warranty anymore.

I suggest you write to Bose. I though BOSE offered 5 years warranty on their products or is this only for specific products?

I suggest you write to Bose. I though BOSE offered 5 years warranty on their products or is this only for specific products?
I don't remember the warranty period, have to locate the related papers if any I have. It was purchsed in U.S. I doubt if the warranty would be honoured in India. Anyway, I would visit their showroom in R-city Ghatkopar which is near me and tell them the issue. Let me see if they entertain the problem. Thanks.

I don't remember the warranty period, have to locate the related papers if any I have. It was purchsed in U.S. I doubt if the warranty would be honoured in India. Anyway, I would visit their showroom in R-city Ghatkopar which is near me and tell them the issue. Let me see if they entertain the problem. Thanks.
Sure. Pls try to find the invoice and you can always email bose officially. Then they will instruct Bose India to assist and resolve.

Sure. Pls try to find the invoice and you can always email bose officially. Then they will instruct Bose India to assist and resolve.
I was able to locate the invoice and the serial number. It has been purchased 6 years ago. When I contacted the Bose service center in Andheri, I was shocked to learn that Headphones do not carry warranty beyond the standard 1st year. And to make the matter worse, they say they do not even attend the issue as according to them they are irrepairable. I asked them, if they are irrepairable, how do they deal if the headphone conks within a year, to which they replied then they replace it with a new one.

I was able to locate the invoice and the serial number. It has been purchased 6 years ago. When I contacted the Bose service center in Andheri, I was shocked to learn that Headphones do not carry warranty beyond the standard 1st year. And to make the matter worse, they say they do not even attend the issue as according to them they are irrepairable. I asked them, if they are irrepairable, how do they deal if the headphone conks within a year, to which they replied then they replace it with a new one.
thats true for all headphones . with wireless bluetooth module and battery is a risk carried with every one of those and doubt if anyone provides a warranty beyond 1 year

I guess the only part they will "service" is the ear cushions. Mine became damaged in 8-9 months - they replaced with a new set of cushions But this was for NC700 though.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back