Bought a used Panasonic TH-P42X30D

Vinod.R

Well guys, this a thread after a very, very long time.

As the title says, bought a used Panasonic 42 inches plasma, TH-P42X30D thru OLX on the 12th April 2015 and brought it from Horamavu (Bangalore) to Minasandra (Malur) a distance of about 40 kms.

This TV was bought in mid 2013 from a showroom at a cost of Rs 36,000. The seller was a Namibian lady student who used it until now with an Airtel HD receiver till date.

Unfortunately, carton was unavailable as she had shifted and lost it then. The plus point is that the TV was not wall mounted and hence was in very good condition when I saw it. It was kept very neatly. No scratches of any sort. Screws were untouched, so I guess no service. I asked her and she said it has never been serviced. Only the Ethernet port was software enabled by the Panasonic service centre.

She was offering both the decoder and TV for Rs 24,000. I wanted only the TV and asked her the price only for that. She said 18, I said 15. We haggled over the phone and decided on Rs 17,000.

I asked her about the wall mount when I went on Sunday, and she had misplaced it too. So I did some micro haggling and shen was sticking to 17. I went to 16. At last after a lot of haggling we decided on Rs 16,500.

I of course checked the TV for more than 1 hour. Used the remote. Changed channels. Tried the "hours used" method, but it did not work (maybe software upgrade?).

Then started the long haul home on a bike (I carried it and my friend rode it). Now I know you guys are gonna kill me. A 42 incher on a bike? It rained heavily that day. Three pit stops but the TV is working perfectly now.

Adding some pictures, but my camera does not have a flash, hence the poor quality. I will take some pictures during the day and add later.

Brick bats and flowers etc, comments anything welcome.

Just wanted to share with you all, that is all.

Last edited:
Congrates Vinod. you were the one who was with me while buying this TV when it was launched. Rs 16,500/- is the bargain price. Only motherboard costs around Rs 14,000/-.

Congrates Vinod. you were the one who was with me while buying this TV when it was launched. Rs 16,500/- is the bargain price. Only motherboard costs around Rs 14,000/-.

Thanks Rajesh. Nice of you to remember me from so long ago. So nice of you Sumanta, encouraging me about the buy.

Adding some pictures taken in the daylight.

Last edited:
Guys,

1) Can anyone help me with the user and service manual? Tried google, could not find. Panasonic website is also not having a PDF format.

2) Can anyone also tell what I need to complete the wallmount after looking after the pictures?

Wall mount has 2 parts. It seems half part of wall mount remained in wall. TV has its part attached. There one rectangular metallic frame attached to wall using anchor bolts. Those plates backside of TV has hooks which just hanged on metal wall plate.

Last edited:
I have this manual in pdf. File size is 3.5 MB . forum does not allow to upload the file whose size is more than 500 Kb

Search TH-P50X30.pdf in Google. You make able to find it and download

Last edited:
That's a brave buy, Vinod! Good luck with the set.

Actually jbgude, I am shitting bricks!!!. thanks for your wishes. TV seems to be great, no apparent issues so far.

I would recommend really doing your research before buying something like this.

A couple of more questions:

1) What kind of inverter/stabilizer to buy, considering I have already have a 2KV CVT?

2) Where can I get a wall mount? I do not mind used or new. If anyone has one to sell please PM me. If someone has an unused wallmount, nothing like it.

Bought the wall mount from SP Road, for Rs 450. TV has been shipped from Bangalore to Thrissur by me personally with my wife and FIL by train and it has reached safely and is working.

Wall mounting has been done. At last I have a TV at home after 3 years. Will post pictures if anyone is interested. :)

hi Vinod,

Glad to know that everything is functional, I use the same make/model since 2011 and am very satisfied with it's performance.

BR,
Rajiv

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back