Bought Panasonic 42ST30

shashank

My previous lcd tv Sony 46V400A had a panel problem, so we replaced it with Panasonic ST30 42inch. Costed us 68.5k from panasonic brandshop in rajajinagar.
Strangely, for HD content i still feel my previous tv was better. Watched star cricked HD and noticed judder which was non-existent in my lcd. Overall i feel its a 'you-get-what-you-pay-for' set. Its only the first few hours so i'll be able to write a review after a week or so.

I have a strange problem with the sound though. When i connect the co-axial cable i get 5.1 output(atleast i think so), however if i use the optical cable through the tv the center speaker does not function.

Connection as follows:

Co-axial Cable
Tata sky HD box to home theatre Sony DAV-DZ370. When i connect it like this the center speaker of the home theatre works almost all the time when there's any voice.

Optical Cable
Tv optical out to Home theatre optical in. I've tried different channels however the center speaker never worked.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks for your reply. I tuned the motion smoother off and there's a slight improvement. I'd wait until the India vs England matches are telecast on HD and update accordingly. Its surprising that there's so much judder, my previous lcd had no motion enhancer but the picture was void of judder.

Any idea why the centre speaker doesn't work with optical output? Is the tv's optical capable only of 2.1

Try hooking up the Co-ax / optical out from TS+ STB to the home theater directly.

as far as I know, TS+ box output 2 channel audio via HDMI, and Dolby over Co-Ax/optical.

Right now it is connected that way only.
Coaxial cable goes from the STB to the home theatre an the centre speaker works. Only optical cable goes from TV to home theatre and i dont thinl i have 5. output

Shashank,

Have you calibrated the settings properly? Check with our forum member Gowrish, he has the same TV.

Not yet Kittu, i am actually waiting for the initial 100-150 hours to get over and only then i'm thinking of calibrating it.

My previous lcd tv Sony 46V400A had a panel problem, so we replaced it with Panasonic ST30 42inch. Costed us 68.5k from panasonic brandshop in rajajinagar.
Strangely, for HD content i still feel my previous tv was better. Watched star cricked HD and noticed judder which was non-existent in my lcd. Overall i feel its a 'you-get-what-you-pay-for' set.

Sony V series was one of the high line product in those days. So was the PQ. What did you do with sony? sold or just not using it?

Congrats !

i am plannning to buy 50ST30 , do you know what's the cost of 50in ST30
did you compare ST30 with any other model like V20 , GT or VT series ?

anyone which one is better 50ST30 or 50V20 ?

feedback appredicated !

Yes it was. However i feel even the St30 is the 2nd best model for 2011 as the GT series launch is still sometime away. Anyway, i'd like to reserve the final opinion until i've calibrated my display. Lot's of reviews saying it'll be much better once you calibrate it

Yes it was. However i feel even the St30 is the 2nd best model for 2011 as the GT series launch is still sometime away. Anyway, i'd like to reserve the final opinion until i've calibrated my display. Lot's of reviews saying it'll be much better once you calibrate it

shashank,

I guess it's a month now, have you calibrated your ST30?, do u feel improvement in HD and SD content now?

I feel when u calibrate both st30 & v20 upto full... I still think V20 is a model to beat. Not only that ... the entire V series from Pnny Plasma!
Amazed by the Video Quality! & this is coming from a VT20 Guy!!

Yes, thats true.. M making a thread.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back