Bought something on AliExpress - should i freak out?

veekm

I bought something small (weight and cost) on Aliexpress - i was expecting them to ship by China Post "Free Shipping" so.. anywhow, the "Orders" - listing shows that it's being shipped by Singapore Post with a tracking number 30359970xxx (xxx substituted by me) which is invalid on the Singapore Post website.

I posted a pic and pointed out the error on Aliexpress "Messages for seller" but should I freak out. I have 54 days to the first extension so i guess it's okay, but i'm curious about tracking.. i should be able to track "Free Shipping" because it's being shipped by singapore post?

I frequent AlEx for small electronics, personal effects, the usual stuff. Shipping takes anything between 10 and 40 days. I've had issues related to shoe/shirt size on two occasions - both were dealt with satisfactorily thanks to intervention by the website. Never had shipping issues. Tracking nos. take a few days to get updated. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Cheers.

You should wait at least a week before tracking your parcel. Until you have purchase protection of 54 days you're absolutely safe. But make sure that you open a dispute if you don't get time before your purchase protection is over or ask the seller to extend the due date (if your parcel is track able that time). Few times some sellers shipped my item with some weird shipping company which was not even track able but I received my parcel in satisfactory manner, I wasn't worried because I had purchase protection.

Hope you get your parcel soon.

Regards
Bilal

It's ok. Happened to me as well. Don't waste time tracking. It may or may not work. But package arrived in about 50 days.

Guys, a problem: the pen-cam arrived but it's defective.. the thing comes on when i press the button (2-3 sec) but no video is created and it does not go off as in..

1. Press button - hold for 2-3 sec, green light comes on.
2. Click/hold for 2 sec - green light (LED) blinks 3 times and switches off.

3. Press hold for 2-3 sec, green light comes on.
4. Refuses to go off no matter how long I click-hold.

I've initiated dispute resolution.. and uploaded videos here:
MOV00721 MOV00719 MOV00723 Simple File Sharing and Storage.

seller waited 3 days and now says:
Requests Detail: Feel sorry.The quality we've checked before we ship it for you.Would you pls use it according to the instruction?Looking forward to your reply.

What should I do? Should I immediately escalate to 'Aliexpress'..? I checked and the pen-cam still doesn't work! Is this guy just stalling?

Guys, a problem: the pen-cam arrived but it's defective.. the thing comes on when i press the button (2-3 sec) but no video is created and it does not go off as in..

1. Press button - hold for 2-3 sec, green light comes on.
2. Click/hold for 2 sec - green light (LED) blinks 3 times and switches off.

3. Press hold for 2-3 sec, green light comes on.
4. Refuses to go off no matter how long I click-hold.

I've initiated dispute resolution.. and uploaded videos here:
MOV00721 MOV00719 MOV00723 Simple File Sharing and Storage.

seller waited 3 days and now says:
Requests Detail: Feel sorry.The quality we've checked before we ship it for you.Would you pls use it according to the instruction?Looking forward to your reply.

What should I do? Should I immediately escalate to 'Aliexpress'..? I checked and the pen-cam still doesn't work! Is this guy just stalling?

I dont think that the seller is just "stalling". Most sellers on ebay/aliexpress are genuine because of the simple reason-

1.) The feedback system and checks are too strong for illegitimate sellers to thrive for long.

2.) Even If the seller has to try some trickery he would do that on a high value purchase .

There could be 2 reasons for your issue-

1.) The product is genuinly faulty.

2.) There is some mistake in the method followed.

Now I cant comment on method 2 since I do not know whats mentioned in the manual. But I guess if you would explain to the seller what exactly you did and the problem your still getting he maybe able to suggest correctly or confirm that the unit is faulty.

Maybe you can ask him to send video of how to operate.

*Remember the chinese sellers dont have very good english so there can be communication gap as well!

I bought something small (weight and cost) on Aliexpress - i was expecting them to ship by China Post "Free Shipping" so.. anywhow, the "Orders" - listing shows that it's being shipped by Singapore Post with a tracking number 30359970xxx (xxx substituted by me) which is invalid on the Singapore Post website.

I posted a pic and pointed out the error on Aliexpress "Messages for seller" but should I freak out. I have 54 days to the first extension so i guess it's okay, but i'm curious about tracking.. i should be able to track "Free Shipping" because it's being shipped by singapore post?

Offtopic - This pencam, are they much cheaper in Aliexpress? We have this same model in ebay, flipkart, amazon, snapdeal....then why do you need to buy this in Aliexpress?

I got my refund thanks to Aliexpress (and not the seller who tried to shaft me). Yes it's substantially cheaper (Rs:500/= or USD 8-10) vs USD 24/= it was just a trial buy since I wanted to buy a rework station

How is the billing done from Aliexpress?

Does the invoice includes shipping cost of DHL etc in the product value or it has shipping charges shown separately?

If shipping charges are included in the product value do we have to pay custome duty on shipping charges as well?

What will be the custom duty on speakers being shipped from China?

Ketansethi,

Here you go the actual Shipping cost

Cost of the Item+ Shipping Cost(Packing Included) *30/100 +5-8% on Shipping cost(Insurance).

Note, the Warranty is Void once the speakers are out of the country where its Sold.

Last edited:
Audio Freak,

I want to know whether the shipping cost is mentioned in the invoice and if yes, is it mentioned separately or included in the product price?

And what is the rate of custom duty on speakers. Actually I want to order a bass shaker and I guess the customs duty would be same as that on the speakers.

The supplier from China gave me quotation of $105 including DHL shipping and the price was $50 it is for $95 on Aliexpress and I do not know whether I need to pay any custom duty when the product is delivered to me. Have heard that many products get delivered without any customs duty being charged.

Normally, the Shipping cost will not be mentioned in the item Invoice. But you need to ask for the Invoice from the Sender with the Item cost +Shipping cost.

So better ask for the Invoice once after the Item is out for delivery. Also please ask the seller to write the Code "HS 8518" on the package, So it would be easy for the custom department to identify the category of the product.

Your Speaker costs 95 USD+105 shipping = So your might need to pay close to 2000-3000k (Max)as duty

The total cost quoted directly by the seller was $105 and it is $95 on Aliexpress. He said he can reduce the price on the invoice to $10 or something to reduce customs duty. Should I go with such an invoice?

What I am not able to understand is if shipping cost is 30% the final cost should come around $65 i.e. $50 + $15(30%) = $65 + 5% of $15

But why is the seller qouting a total price of $105. Is it DHL that charges so much or is it something else?

I am trying to negotiate further

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back