Brand new Yamaha AV stops working!

devilwearsprada

Hi. I have been following the forums for a long while and hence with the good reviews, went for a Yamaha YHT196 after I got the Onkyo3400 last year.
Its been about two weeks and the set was working fine till the 13th when it suddenly stopped woking.
The amplifier wasn't picking power and hence had gone kaput.

Now this is absolutely SHOCKING for a 15 day old product and that too a Yamaha.
Called up Yamaha. Nobody picks up the phone. Called up my dealer BASS PUNKT Gurgaon which has to be the worst dealer by far.
He promissed to send a technician the next day but nobody came. I had to then take my receiver to their shop which is about 15 kms away. When I had earlier called them again the employee there said "Sir is in a meeting, please call later to know the status. And we don't manufacture the product so please don't blame us".

I had to hence take the product and literally throw it at their shop to which the employee said that we will forward the complaint to Yamaha and it will take two days to get a response to a MAIL(Lighting fast right?) And another 4 weeks to repair it?!

That's right. The company isnt willing to replace my unit but rather repair it which I wont accept.
Can anybody please guide me on how to approach the company or whether I should mail Yamaha with a legal notice and take this forward.

Thank you.

It is very sad to hear about your incident. Luckily my Yahama is still doing well after one and half years.

This is what you need to do.

1. check with the "dead on arrival" policy of yamaha. They might have different time frame for different product in different countries. So make sure in which category your product falls in. If it is within the dead on arrival category, then you are entitled to a new product or full refund as per your choice.

2. If the dead on arrival period is over, then you can ask for replacement/ repair as per the terms of warranty. Only if they fail to repair/ replace within "reasonable time", then only you can ask for refund.

3. Technically, the dealer cannot be made liable unless there is any deficiency on his part. You are required to approach Yamaha directly and raise the dispute.

4. If you are planning to sue/ send a legal notice, please keep every communication documented in writing.

Hope this thread on how to sue the seller is going to help you.

It is very sad to hear about your incident. Luckily my Yahama is still doing well after one and half years.

This is what you need to do.

1. check with the "dead on arrival" policy of yamaha. They might have different time frame for different product in different countries. So make sure in which category your product falls in. If it is within the dead on arrival category, then you are entitled to a new product or full refund as per your choice.

2. If the dead on arrival period is over, then you can ask for replacement/ repair as per the terms of warranty. Only if they fail to repair/ replace within "reasonable time", then only you can ask for refund.

3. Technically, the dealer cannot be made liable unless there is any deficiency on his part. You are required to approach Yamaha directly and raise the dispute.

4. If you are planning to sue/ send a legal notice, please keep every communication documented in writing.

Hope this thread on how to sue the seller is going to help you.

Hi. The Yamaha dealer is the service provider hence I took it to him. He said please wait till Saturday you will get a mail or a call back. No call came no mail came. Today I am again here and the manager is ballsy enough to ask me to get out because I was shouting at him when he told me he will not provide me the number for either the shop owner or a Yamaha representative. This is outrageous.

Is there any Yamaha Japan or India Mail ID I can shoot a mail ID to? Since the customer care doesn't pick up.

AYlgpr

screw the dealers happiness..... they are the ones who can really get you a replacement fast.... and next time even if you have to pay a premium or settle for another brand, buy only from a dealer who you have an excellent relationship with.... one who will support you no matter what.....

Thank you for the concern guys. Finally after a week of problems got the replacement via the dealer.
One thing is for sure, will probably not go for Yamaha the next time and surely not for the dealer.

Thank you for the concern guys. Finally after a week of problems got the replacement via the dealer.
One thing is for sure, will probably not go for Yamaha the next time and surely not for the dealer.

hi nice to hear that ur pb solved
my finding is that yamaha is good since they have sent a replacement... fault is the dealer selection not the brand selection...:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back