Breaking up with Hi Fi

i see fore-play written everywhere
As long as you understood, feel free to use your own favourite visualisation. :)

I thought I was a reasonably serious listener, till I read this. Now I am question my all my recent audio purchases
“There’s nothing sacrosanct about it - no one way to listen actively.” Did you miss that?

How I actively listen to music. (Only recommended for children above the age of 40.)

Open the bar cabinet. Take out my favorite whiskey. Probably even blow it a kiss. Pour myself a generous portion. Sniff, twirl or twirl, sniff depending on my mood. Make sure I know where my chair is. Turn off the lights. Take a deep swig. Hit play. Start moving / dancing (depending on which drink I am on)
Why not! Some of us need external help to lose self-consciousness, for others the music suffices (also helps buy more CDs when you save on the McDs). Vivek/readers can do whatever suits them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How I actively listen to music. (Only recommended for children above the age of 40.)

Open the bar cabinet. Take out my favorite whiskey. Probably even blow it a kiss. Pour myself a generous portion. Sniff, twirl or twirl, sniff depending on my mood. Make sure I know where my chair is. Turn off the lights. Take a deep swig. Hit play. Start moving / dancing (depending on which drink I am on)
You described serious listening for most of us. :)

feel free to use your own favourite visualisation. :)
no worries ..... i am visualising how you listen to music :) but hey whatever suits you...

inhale...
open the cover of the CD
gently lick ( your ) lips
make the lips into a small O
blowing air so the CD is tickled

Mounting the CD onto the tray
gently push with sharp nails
press Play...

exhale !!

whatever "nuance" you want !!

no worries ..... i am visualising how you listen to music :) but hey whatever suits you...

inhale...
open the cover of the CD
gently lick ( your ) lips
make the lips into a small O
blowing air so the CD is tickled

Mounting the CD onto the tray
gently push with sharp nails
press Play...

exhale !!

whatever "nuance" you want !!
You forgot the second inhale between Blowing air and Exhale. Unless you know a way to blow air without exhaling. :rolleyes:

The surprise is the real fun for me with FM. Almost every day I get to listen to songs that were long forgotten. This can happen only with FM, I can't skip tracks and very balanced mix of new and old songs is there. I am made for FM only. Same is true with in car audio, FM all the time.

I have short listed few Luxman vintage tuners, but no opportunity this year to travel and grab one.

Regards
Vivek

Thanks Sir, I don't know about this site. Will get in touch with them.
Did you get in touch with mussiclovers.com

How was the experience?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back