Bridging the amp

abhirag

Hello All,
I have Rotel RB 985 5 channel power amp.Can i bridged its four channel into two.

Hello All,
I have Rotel RB 985 5 channel power amp.Can i bridged its four channel into two.

If you have a Pre amplifier with 2 pair of pre outs , then you can use the left and right channel for the Low freq and the Surround left and right for the Hi freq .

If you have a Pre amplifier with 2 pair of pre outs , then you can use the left and right channel for the Low freq and the Surround left and right for the Hi freq .

Hey buddy ... You are suggesting a BI-AMPING connection ... but Abhirag wants to know whether BRIDGING is possible with Rotel RB-985.

Abhi ... if you are trying to brige the RB-985 for more power and use it like one mono block for each channel then it is not possible with this model. But do try the method what soundofmusic has suggested (BI-AMPING). With bi-amping, you would get more or less the same power like two mono-blocks in terms of wattage and in terms of sound quality it will be defenitely better than the BRIDGING method.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Thanks Ramesh,but i cannot biamp my speakers coz i am using woodstock speakers and it has only one +ve & one -ve .No seperate ports for high and low freq.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back