Budget amplifiers with good enough sound and features

chander

Dear FMs,

Just wanted to check if any of you are aware of any cheap AMPs capable of driving the Quad S1s cleanly? The specs are:
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m)84dB
Recommended amplifier power25-150W
Nominal impedance8Ω Compatible
Minimum impedance4.2Ω

I definitely need BT and a pre-out so my other woofer can be added to that. This is a setup in office, so I do not need this to be an incredible setup, but it should be atleast above average. The source is going to be either my laptop BT or my FiiO M11 BT, both with APTX HD using Tidal.

This isn't my main system and do not want to spend a bucket load of money at all 30-35K tops. The vintage I am using with them, makes them kind of edgy and after using it with Audiolab, I realised what I have been missing. I was looking at the Denon 600NE; however with my experience with Denon I wasn't sure if they will sound well together, denon might make them a bit too sharp for my liking. If I am looking for a unicorn, just tell me so, I will forget about this for some time and live with it.

I have got my answer and have got my fix, I am not sure how to close this thread or just, admins - please help.

Hi, I'm using denon pma 600ne with my Elac debut 2.0 b6.2 amd and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.. I'm also using yamaha ns sw300 sub to form a 2.1 set up primarily for music.. My sources are similar to yours too.. Using laptop with dragonfly black or Fiio X3 ii as coax source / One plus 7 pro with dragonfly dac.. Quite happy for now.. Though a dac upgrade itch is there.. Best of luck

Hi, I'm using denon pma 600ne with my Elac debut 2.0 b6.2 amd and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.. I'm also using yamaha ns sw300 sub to form a 2.1 set up primarily for music.. My sources are similar to yours too.. Using laptop with dragonfly black or Fiio X3 ii as coax source / One plus 7 pro with dragonfly dac.. Quite happy for now.. Though a dac upgrade itch is there.. Best of luck
Thanks a ton! 600NE was my first choice too. However, this requirement has been taken care of now. :)

I got nothing at all :) It was a stupid thing that happened. I had removed the DAC in the middle to introduce a borrowed Audioengine B1. The DAC was then sold and the B1 was going back. So it was sounding horrendous with no DAC and a very cheap BT dongle doing the business.

So, now I am looking at getting the Auris. Lets see.

I got nothing at all :) It was a stupid thing that happened. I had removed the DAC in the middle to introduce a borrowed Audioengine B1. The DAC was then sold and the B1 was going back. So it was sounding horrendous with no DAC and a very cheap BT dongle doing the business.

So, now I am looking at getting the Auris. Lets see.
did you mean Auris Blue me?? I got one some months back and I aint complaining.

This has BT
I might be absolutely wrong, but I don't think it does. If it does, they have done a good job hiding it :D
!

Back