Budget for upgrade from NAD c352+Tannoy F4

atharva

Hi all,

I've had the NAD C352+Tannoy F4 for 4 years now and have caught the upgrade bug.

1. What should my budget be for a noticeably better combo?
2. I'm guessing that upgrading only the AMP/speakers is not an option. Right?
3. I'm tempted to look at an AVR but wonder if there is any that can better the c352?

Thanks in advance.

i auditioned this combo ( NAD C356 + tannoy MERCURY v4 ).. how do you like this combo ?? what kind of music do tou listen to ?

what is your source ?

what do you feel about this combo.. would like to hear your views too..

There is a NAD C372 on sale in this forum.. you can think of that.. its a much more powerful amp.

rgds,
mpw

I listen to a variety including Jazz, western classical, Indian classical, Rock, Pop etc.

I was told that the NAD 356 is not much different from the 352. Regarding the 372, apart from power is it much better than the 372 in terms of fidelity? I'm hoping to get an overall "noticeable improvement".

I mostly play lossless files (I've ripped all my cds) played via Xtreamer. But I also play mp3 files (256K bitrate).

Hi
I am planning a similar configuration with the Nad C356BEE and my Tannoy F4 Custom floorstanders. hence wanted to have your inputs and feedback. Is the Nad adequatately powered for the F4 or should I opt for C326BEE instead.
Am also considering the CA Azur651A.

What is your suggestion here.

Regards,

Hi
I am planning a similar configuration with the Nad C356BEE and my Tannoy F4 Custom floorstanders. hence wanted to have your inputs and feedback. Is the Nad adequatately powered for the F4 or should I opt for C326BEE instead.
Am also considering the CA Azur651A.

What is your suggestion here.

Regards,

NAd c356bee is more powerful than c326bee. 356bee will drive the entry level floor standers.

NAd c356bee is more powerful than c326bee. 356bee will drive the entry level floor standers.

NAD C326 BEE is 50W continuos power output when both channels driven..... You can easily use with with Floor standers of 89db or more to get a modest output....

It all depends on the efficiency/sensitivity of the speaker......Nothing to with entry level (or) premium model...

Since you are using the xtreamer as a source keep your present amp and speakers and add a Dac to your system .You will notice an immediate and big difference. After trying the DAC decide whether you need to upgrade the system.

Using the following vintage 2 channel NADs: 1155pre 2100 power 1600 pre 2700 power. You did not not specify 2 channel or 5 channel. Recently heard vintage klipsch la scala speakers and found them ( very) impressive. Dont even need big amplification. The very low end is 'missing' but the clean bass above 50 hz. more than makes up for it & would not recommend adding a sub (will just drag down the immediacy of tempo). It can play bloody loud !!!! The la scala II is still being made ( even after 65+ years). Take a listen.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back