Budget HI-FI help

Hi Abbasve

Since you are in Coimbatore,I suggest that you pay a visit to Audire Technologies.

They make some fantastic class A amps and speakers using Fostex drivers.

Contact -Sharath Chandran or Dr. Chandrashekaran.

Sharath Solutions Unlimited
No.8 Mettupalayam Rd.
Opp.V.G.Hospital,Coimbatore
Tamil Nadu-641034

Ph.9842024540 ,9894722600
www.audire.in
[email protected]

I have heard their products and they are excellent,and better than many imported name brands.Listen to their products and then decide.

Regards
Rajiv

Rajiv

Do these people have office in Bangalore as well...???

Mridul

Hi Abbas,
Congrats. U liking the sound is most important.
Is the cdp 4001 or 5001?(to my mind DV 4001 is the entry level DVD spinner and CD 5001 is the entry level CD spinner)
Pre/power is very decent. IMO better than the current Nad integrateds.
Speakers i am not familiar with so cant comment.
Cables is never ending and u can go on and on. though Straight wire does make some good ICS /speaker cables.Initially spend most of the budget on the electronics, listen to the set up for a while then go down the long cable road. Introduce one cable into the set up at a time and hear the differences.

When u say u are not FULLY SATISFIED what do u feel is lacking?
Regards

Hello Dinyaar,
you are right. its the CD5001. the entry level one costing me Rs.13500. initially i used some generic speaker cables and interconnects, but i think the nad 208 is showing up any weakeness in connection or the source. I had to get some good cables/ICs to sort out the problem. I'm also thinking of biwiring it as the amp and speakers are capable of that. What I am not fully satisfied is that i get the best sound only on one particular square foot of the entire 256 sq. ft room! i thought its something to do with the speaker placements or the room dimensions and moved the speakers around. but still no use. and i cant put a chair on that particular "sweet spot" to listen!. its right on the wall facing the speakers. i now think it could be the speaker, which may not be suitable for the room at all! i have a nad c340 amp as well and checked with that too. still the same! I'm working on it. Lets hope i can sort it out. Im getting another pair of speakers from a friend to see if the culprit is really the speakers! Thanks

Regards
Abbas

Hello Dinyaar,
you are right. its the CD5001. the entry level one costing me Rs.13500. initially i used some generic speaker cables and interconnects, but i think the nad 208 is showing up any weakeness in connection or the source. I had to get some good cables/ICs to sort out the problem. I'm also thinking of biwiring it as the amp and speakers are capable of that. What I am not fully satisfied is that i get the best sound only on one particular square foot of the entire 256 sq. ft room! i thought its something to do with the speaker placements or the room dimensions and moved the speakers around. but still no use. and i cant put a chair on that particular "sweet spot" to listen!. its right on the wall facing the speakers. i now think it could be the speaker, which may not be suitable for the room at all! i have a nad c340 amp as well and checked with that too. still the same! I'm working on it. Lets hope i can sort it out. Im getting another pair of speakers from a friend to see if the culprit is really the speakers! Thanks

Regards
Abbas

Hi Again,
Good cdp. Dont think u can get better @ that price point.
Try biwiring if u want but its not going to solve ur problem. Anyway this is a hotly debated subject and tons of info available on the net. Better to use a good cable and single wire rather than biwire with inferior alternative.
Basically u are unhappy with the small sweet spot. Sadly im not familiar with ur speaker but will check it out on the net.
Few pointers
1. Speakers are at least 6 ft away from each other.(For good L/R seperation)
2. At least a ft from rear wall.(correct bass+ illusion of depth)
3. Toed in to create a good stereo image.(experiment with degree and get best balance as too much leads to a small soundstage)
Regards

1. Speakers are at least 6 ft away from each other.(For good L/R seperation)
2. At least a ft from rear wall.(correct bass+ illusion of depth)
3. Toed in to create a good stereo image.(experiment with degree and get best balance as too much leads to a small soundstage)
Regards

Hello Dinyaar,
I've placed the speakers 10ft apart. Both the speakers and the place of listening is somewhat a good triangle (someone advised to keep it that way).the stereo image is excellent and good seperation. But the bass is all concentrated at the sweet spot as i mentioned. may be it has to do with the two side firing (outer side) subwoofers on the speakers. its slightly toed, may be around 10 to 15 degrees. I have placed the speakers with a 6inch clearance from the rear wall. I tried it with 12 inches and 18 inches clearance, but sounds the same. so for safety of the speakers from unwanted hits (it has fabric cover right down to the bottom), i've placed it back 6 inches from the wall.

Regards,
Abbas

Side firing woofers need to placed an adequate distance -at least 3to 4 ft away from the side walls.
Plz try this.
I don't think you need to place your spkrs 10 ft from each other.
Try reducing the distance between them to 7 to 8 ft & see.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back