Budget of INR 20000 for over ear wired headphones

fLUX

Hello Folks,

I am looking to purchase a new over ear or on ear( have slightly bigger ears)wired headphone with budget of 20k.

Till date I have owned/tried M50x, Vmoda M80, Audio Technica AD700 and HD 598. I liked the sound signature of AD700 the most till date. Can you guys suggest any headphone which will be a noticeable upgrade over these. Thinking of HE400S or HE560S , any suggestions would be welcome. I would prefer a headphne with fast hitting bass , lush vocals and not too forward treble.

Would suggest wait for some more time with bit more budget and get a sennheiser HD600 or HD650 or HD6xx with a amp that suits it. That would be an incredible upgrade and leap into big leagues

Getting a good offer for an used HE560 around 1 and half years old at 20k, thinking of going for the same. Any views on the same ?

Would suggest wait for some more time with bit more budget and get a sennheiser HD600 or HD650 or HD6xx with a amp that suits it. That would be an incredible upgrade and leap into big leagues

There are mixed reviews that HD650/600 are similar/slightly better or slightly lower than HE560. Have you tried the 560 before ?

There are mixed reviews that HD650/600 are similar/slightly better or slightly lower than HE560. Have you tried the 560 before ?
No. In fact I have not even listened to HD600 or HD650 personally, its the interactions I had with guys who own them. I did listen to audeze line-up which I could not bear due to comfort issues (even for 5mins!). I did listen to Hifiman Ananda which is absolutely splendid planar! My personal set-up is sennheiser HD800 with HDVD800 amp with Allo Digione/Chromecast audio as source. I just love it!

Good to know that :). The reason i asked was some feel the HE560 are similar to HE400i and are kind of boring ,t hen there are reviewers like LJOKERL who have outrightly praised the headphones and have recommended them over HD6XX.

I have never tried a planar before so want to try one out , had a HD 598 and the 598 SE which i enjoyed but found it slightly boring for fast paced songs :).

No. In fact I have not even listened to HD600 or HD650 personally, its the interactions I had with guys who own them. I did listen to audeze line-up which I could not bear due to comfort issues (even for 5mins!). I did listen to Hifiman Ananda which is absolutely splendid planar! My personal set-up is sennheiser HD800 with HDVD800 amp with Allo Digione/Chromecast audio as source. I just love it!
I just loved the HD800s with tubes. Woo Audio has some good amps but if you can swing it, go with Eddie Current. They were my second favourite cans and only after the Stax009

I just loved the HD800s with tubes. Woo Audio has some good amps but if you can swing it, go with Eddie Current. They were my second favourite cans and only after the Stax009
Oh yes! Plan to have an Eddie current or DNA or Cavalli amp someday for it. For now HDVD has to do :)

Thanks for the help guys. I got a good deal on the HE560 and I went for it. Which sub 200$ amp would do partial justice for the same ?

Thanks for the help guys. I got a good deal on the HE560 and I went for it. Which sub 200$ amp would do partial justice for the same ?
Congrats. I've got an HE6 myself and absolutely love it.
Are you looking for desktop or portable amp

Thanks :), i am looking for a portable one. I own a Fiio E17 and dont think it does enough justice for the same.

For portable I highly recommend Ray Samuels. All his amps have a nice warm sound signature which should be good for the HE560s.
And a wide variety of choice to suit your budget as well.
Happy hunting:)

flux,

If you liked the AD700, you will like AKGK701, K702, Q701. None of other headphones offer similar sound signature.

Dont get the HD600/580 etc they are completely different. I have owned all the headphones you mentioned. But since you bought HE560 it's done.

Thanks for your help guys. Currently have settled for HE560 with a HD6XX on its way home by May end. I got good deals for a Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B and SMSL SU-8 DAC. The HE560 is amazing with this combination, would recommend this DAC/AMP combo to anyone who have power hungry headphones and want a neutral setup to help drive them :)

At 20k, if its headphones alone that u plan to buy, get HD6xx like everyone else say. its not about its hard to beat, but its more of how right it sounds as an audiophile grade headphone. I have heard headphones which are more dynamic, which are more detailed even under 20k, but 6xx is the only headphone under 40 K I heard, which can make a male voice like Yesudas husky, give that heavy feel to the midbase drums at the same time keeping female voices like Alka yagnik soft with very realisitc amount of decay in transients. Irrespective of its price, its one of the headphones I think reviewers have not overhyped. I have listened to 990pros , hd 600s, own a k702, and audioquest night owl now. the only reason I sold mine was my preference moved to closed backs for night time listening. Night owl is slightly more detailed, but at double the price of 6xx, and i think its only sideways upgrade.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back