Budget of INR 20000 for over ear wired headphones

Do you blind buy these based on reviews ?
I do not live in India at the moment. Therefore demo options are available in the part of Europe I live now. Also, last year I took my AK70 dap with my Beoplay H6 headphones to listen to other DAPs and headphones at the Munich hi end show. I bought the AQ nightowl, because primarly it was the most comfortable closed back headphone to my headshape which sounded well detailed, fast enough and wide for a closed back . At home , I had hd 650 and 600 and 702 of which I retained the 702, because it was totally opppsite to the AQ's sound. Funny thing is I bought HD 650 3 times, 2 times used and one time new in last 4 years when I missed them. I never bought the same headphone multiple times other than this.

Even though I recommend 6xx, what u expect of a headphone also has to be considered when buying it.

I'd suggest the HD58X or the HD6XX just like the others did as the value for money is hard to beat. I'm using the Samson SR850 at home and nothing can beat those headphones at that price point. I have the 1more triple driver over-ears which I use with a portable dac amp and am pretty satisfied with the SQ. If you want to try planars, the Hifimans or Monoprice cans are a good place to start with.

Also, if you listen to content from your phone (hoping that it has USB type C), I suggest you try the Hidizs Sonata HD DAC II.

Meze 99 headphones are a good option. There's an unboxed headphone in headphonezone India for about 19k I think. That headphone's got a lot of good reviews. Another excellent option would be the HiFiman Sundara, but a little over Rs.20k

I have a AKG K712 pro and Massdrop HiFiman He4XX that I am selling for upgrades. Unfortuntaley since I do not have enough post counts, I cannot post a sale adv. Besides this I own a HD6xx, HD58X and a AT ADX5000 which is TOTL headphone. I Love the tonality of the HD6XX but needs areal good amp to shine so unless you have one or plan to buy in the future, look for something else. The same with the AKG K712 Pro.

Sorry I don't have a suggestion for you but I am thinking to sell my Mr Speakers Mad Dog headphone and Aune T1 DAC/Amp. Let me know if interested!

May be too late to this mix :) .. always loved Senn. signature.. but bought a Beyer DT770 .. liked it..comfortable for long relaxed sessions.... just my taste.. check what would fit in your setup it has 3 amps in same model..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back