Budget Setup - Help with used equip. + select Bookshelf Speaker

These look fine..

But for your given needs, connectivity may be an issue.. At best, if you like the above powered speakers, you can connect all your sources to TV via HDMI & you can connect these to the TV using RCA cables permanently..

As said in the above post (like soundbar), this will limit your upgrade options..
yes thats where i am at currently .. My TV only has a headphone out 3.5 mm one .. is that the usual audio out ?

Also I auditioned a Sony 2.1 system with Bluetooth which sounded great but have heard reviews of Sony systems causing fatigue . and the Thonet and Vander one I have not auditioned so now I am a little confused

This means then you will get only analog audio (L+R) from the TV to the system.

Depends now on what system you will hook up......a 5.1 signal will be outputted as L + R analog....

yes thats where i am at currently .. My TV only has a headphone out 3.5 mm one .. is that the usual audio out ?

Most TV models have Optical Out as standard.. Very few have co-axial out.. Almost every TV would have RCA out (or) 3.5mm audio analogue out.. performance would be limited to that of TV's internal DAC..

These are the pics from my TV manual. I dont think I have optical out . I can see AV out and headphone out .. am i correct?
Most TV models have Optical Out as standard.. Very few have co-axial out.. Almost every TV would have RCA out (or) 3.5mm audio analogue out.. performance would be limited to that of TV's internal DAC..
manual.jpgmanual.jpgmanual.jpgmanual.jpgmanual.jpgmanual2.jpg

i am new to this forum, looking out to set up a stereo system for listening to music exclusively. i zeroed in on NORGE2060, thanks to forum inputs. iam stuck on deciding NORGE2060 or it's UBT version.. i have a dvd palyer with usb input.Also pls suggest me on speakers. i have a medium size living room. Iam looking at bookshelf speakers. At norge they suggested New millennium MK2 speakers. also is subwoefer required?
If yes, does Norge has out for sub?

Thank you in advance.

i am new to this forum, looking out to set up a stereo system for listening to music exclusively. i zeroed in on NORGE2060, thanks to forum inputs. iam stuck on deciding NORGE2060 or it's UBT version.. i have a dvd palyer with usb input.Also pls suggest me on speakers. i have a medium size living room. Iam looking at bookshelf speakers. At norge they suggested New millennium MK2 speakers. also is subwoefer required?

Thank you in advance.
I own Norge 1000 gold. 2060 is very good device and goes well with most of the bookshelf speakers especially Boston Acoustics A26. It doesn’t have sub out. Do listen to bookshelf speakers and if you feel the need for subwoofer buy some musical sub (sealed is preferred). Needing sub is depend on the music genre that you listen to but yes, having sub is always a plus for stereo.

Thank you in advance.
Hi Kommon, it's always better to start a separate thread else it becomes confusing.

In your scenario, yes.. The speaker that you were referring to are powered speakers.. Active speakers are expensive and used for studio's..
right now IF i go for a decent passive speakers plus AVR/ Amplifier it would cost me around 30k .. Thonet Active speakers that I considered are 15 k . Am I missing something?

right now IF i go for a decent passive speakers plus AVR/ Amplifier it would cost me around 30k .. Thonet Active speakers that I considered are 15 k . Am I missing something?

Don't think you would miss anything if you take the AVR route.. Used AVR (HDMI) if budget constraints..

Used AVR gives you connectivity + passive speakers give you better audio.
T&V might match the audio quality and save 15K but you would still be limited to one or two connectivity options.

I own Norge 1000 gold. 2060 is very good device and goes well with most of the bookshelf speakers especially Boston Acoustics A26. It doesn’t have sub out. Do listen to bookshelf speakers and if you feel the need for subwoofer buy some musical sub (sealed is preferred). Needing sub is depend on the music genre that you listen to but yes, having sub is always a plus for stereo.
thank you

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back