Budget Speaker System for LED TV

tanny

Hi,

I am trying to augment the sound quality for my Samsung LED TV. I connected my Altec lansing (2621) 2.1 Channel speakers with the TV on the Audio Out. Sound seems ok to me, but the problem is that the Samsung LED TV has fixed amplitude audio out signal, so the TV remote control is not able to control the volume of the system.

Thus, I need to look for good speaker system (which has remote) for the TV, I am no audiophile, just need to augment the sound for my TV for movies/music, budget is very limited to max of 8K. I am not looking for Home theater systems which come at around 10k, As I dont want a DVD player. So decent enough speaker system (5.1/2.1) should do.

I researched to find out few options, as follows
1. Sony SA-ID7000 Speakers 5.1 Ch Archived SA-ID7000 : Speakers : Hi-Fi Component : Sony India
2. Sony SA-32SE1 40W Speaker bar SA-32SE1 : Speakers : Hi-Fi Component : Sony India
3. Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Speakers
4. Philips DSP75U 5.1 Channel Speakers USB, SD Card Connectivity Remote, Radio

Which would be the best option for my requirements, IF there are any other options as well, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tanny.

Edifier C3 looks to be sold out on most online portals. Where can one buy this in Bangalore ?

Also, Could see other Edifier speakers like Edifier DA5000 and Edifier M3500, How good options are they ?

I am also not a audiophile like you. But Philips is a recommended one here when compared to Sony. (strict no to Creative)

I just ordered a Boston tvee model 30 sound bar from hifi mart, will let u know how it turns out...

edit: oops sorry dint see your budget was 8k :eek:

Last edited:
You can check the price of sonydyne sound bar and see what price it sells for. I know that samsung bar selss for around 18 K which has a wireless active sub woofer, touch control, remote.

I am left with following choices now

- Sony SA-32SE1 40W Speaker bar SA-32SE1 :
- Philips DSP75U 5.1 Channel Speakers
- Edifier C3 (though cant see this available on any portals !!)
- Edifier DA5000.

Which should be the best of these.

Thanks for all the replies.

Thanks,
Tanny.

Hi,

Will i be wrong if i say that, even if you buy a 5.1 system it will still be giving stereo out only , as the TV can't output direct 5.1 sound unless you have a optical o/p on the TV end and an Optical I/P in your speaker end ?

I ran into this confusion when i was looking for the same type of setup :confused:

Also does philipsDSP 75U has inbuilt processor of some kind to convert the stereo input into surround sound?

Can we get 5.1 effect just by buying 5.1 speakers?Whether they have optical output?

No, the sound output from your source be it PC or DVD player have to be amplified and at the same time ditributed separately to individual speaker. This job is done by your AVR.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back