Budget Speakers for Denon AVR-1610

yroopaw

I have finally narrowed down on Denon AVR-1610, but have overshot my budget. I was suggested and test the Yamaha NS-P270 Budget 5.1 speakers. Movie was very good but music (bass) was average.

can someone recomend a 5.1 package between INR 10-15K

Any views on Denon AVR-1610 and Yamaha NS-P270 combo

Thanks

I am also tilting towards buying Denon 1610. Can someone suggest a good entry level/not too expensive..though these two terms seem mutually contradictory :) ).. Floor standers for 1610._Thanks!

MS flrstd pair can come in that budget.Perhaps mission.
Mission MVDS is for 35k (5.1 setup)

"The more I know the more I know how less i know" ..this sums up my predicament the best :) i am no where near an expert/audiophile but one of those(and believe me there are many) who has an ear for good sound and can tell if A is sounding better than B but without knowing why :). I have been going over forums/sites/blogs to enrich my experience in this domain and every day has been an enriching experience. Anywaz..at the risk of sounding naive let me ask this.

I had plans of buying a HTiB but was advised and v rightly so to start with AVR+ 2 speakers and keep adding other parts later..I had some basic queries : Lets say i begin with/invest-in two full range speakers now and later when i wan to convert to 5.1 ...i would need additional(rear/back) left, right and center ones. Q1: do i have to purchase some special(that only handle specific frequency range) surround spkrs(back left/right) or can any speaker be added . If yes wouldn't i be wasting money fr speakers that are only going to handle effects/surround for the most part in HT setup.

Q2: As far as i know in a traditional HT setup most of the stuff (dialogs etc.) are handled by frnt center spks. So should this be of best quality to get a rich experience and how would I make sure that my initial invstment on two full-range speakers doesnt go waste...in other words are used optimally.

Avin, you might be overcomplicating things!
1.Dont worry! If you buy a pair of good fronts that will never go to waste, you can listen to great music on that in stereo mode. Please let us know how much you plan to spend for for 2 floorstanders when you mean entry level.

2. Yes, the centre speaker handles the dialogues, so you need to spend adequately on it to get crystal clear vocal sounds.(normally around 12-15k)

3. Your Subwoofer, to take care of the LFE in the movies, would cost around 18-25k for a decent one for your room size.

4. Rear speakers: You can get small bookshelves or dipole surrounds for this purpose. ( around 12k)

The AVR will send appropriate frequencies to your speakers, of which the speaker crossovers will divert to appropriate drivers( tweeter, mid-bass woofer)

I had plans of buying a HTiB but was advised and v rightly so to start with AVR+ 2 speakers and keep adding other parts later..I had some basic queries : Lets say i begin with/invest-in two full range speakers now and later when i wan to convert to 5.1 ...i would need additional(rear/back) left, right and center ones. Q1: do i have to purchase some special(that only handle specific frequency range) surround spkrs(back left/right) or can any speaker be added . If yes wouldn't i be wasting money fr speakers that are only going to handle effects/surround for the most part in HT setup.

Surround speakers are the most forgiving. So if you went with budget bookshelves or floorstanders for now and your finances allow you to upgrade later, you could easily shift them to surround duties. If you retained them as well you could purchase reasonably decent surrounds to make the setup complete.

One advice is not to crimp on the centre channel speaker. This is where all the dialog comes from. So you want it to be matched driverwise to the L/R speaker.... (timbre matched as the saying goes).

[
Q2: As far as i know in a traditional HT setup most of the stuff (dialogs etc.) are handled by frnt center spks. So should this be of best quality to get a rich experience and how would I make sure that my initial invstment on two full-range speakers doesnt go waste...in other words are used optimally.

read above.........

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back