Budget Stereo Amp & DAC - Beginner to Hi-Fi

Hmmm interesting indeed. Then this is something Mr. Laxman would have to sort out wrt the 1000 especially if it's driving low sensitivity speakers.
The heat sink fins need to be either bigger or a cooling fan needs to provided, but Norge audio people are stuck with what they have done, they simply do not want to make minor improvements or changes. I have talked to Mr. Laxman numerous times regarding the provision for a phone input option in their amps as vinyl is again coming back. He said if someone wants they can provide the phone pre in the amp, but cannot provide the print of the word phono on the front panel in the source selector switch section. In fact two of my friends who were interested in Norge, looked for other options because of this very reason. Similarly they are not interested to upgrade their UBT 1515 from mp3 to a lossless format digital player, but they call themselves high end audio manufacturers, though in a smaller scale.

The heat sink fins need to be either bigger or a cooling fan needs to provided, but Norge audio people are stuck with what they have done, they simply do not want to make minor improvements or changes. I have talked to Mr. Laxman numerous times regarding the provision for a phone input option in their amps as vinyl is again coming back. He said if someone wants they can provide the phone pre in the amp, but cannot provide the print of the word phono on the front panel in the source selector switch section. In fact two of my friends who were interested in Norge, looked for other options because of this very reason. Similarly they are not interested to upgrade their UBT 1515 from mp3 to a lossless format digital player, but they call themselves high end audio manufacturers, though in a smaller scale.
Correction :- phone input is phono input.

Power supply is ok, but the heat sinks are not.
Thanks for these valuable inputs Vinyl, Jls001 & Sean. I will once again check with Mr Laxman on these points including the potential issues while driving the 4 ohms speakers as I plan to visit the factory again this coming weekend or the Jan 26th long weekend for another round of audition.

Also spoke to Yamaha dealer on their amps and would be able to get an audition on their amps around the 3rd week of January.

Had a good conversation with Mr Amit Jain from IndiqAudio regarding Gold Mishra Bookshelves as suggested by the FM's to consider for book shelves. Infact for the Gold Mishra speakers they do perform some additional tuning to cater to Norge Amplifiers. He infact recommended me to stick with Norge Amps & current Sony speakers and then at a later point in time make the upgrade worthwhile by considering Tower Speakers rather than going in for Bookshelves based on budget availability.

Thanks for these valuable inputs Vinyl, Jls001 & Sean. I will once again check with Mr Laxman on these points including the potential issues while driving the 4 ohms speakers as I plan to visit the factory again this coming weekend or the Jan 26th long weekend for another round of audition.

Also spoke to Yamaha dealer on their amps and would be able to get an audition on their amps around the 3rd week of January.

Had a good conversation with Mr Amit Jain from IndiqAudio regarding Gold Mishra Bookshelves as suggested by the FM's to consider for book shelves. Infact for the Gold Mishra speakers they do perform some additional tuning to cater to Norge Amplifiers. He infact recommended me to stick with Norge Amps & current Sony speakers and then at a later point in time make the upgrade worthwhile by considering Tower Speakers rather than going in for Bookshelves based on budget availability.
I would also suggest Norge amp and Sony speakers for now and later upgrade to other speakers.

Power supply is ok, but the heat sinks are not.
I had used Norge concerto gold 1000 for about a year and it never got hot. Only slightly warm after 2 to 3 hours. I had paired it with pioneer fs52. The volume dial never crossed 10 o'clock as it easily drove the fs52s.

Just now package received. Listened to few songs from YouTube connecting to my iPhone and aux on Norge. I blindly bought Norge 1000 to pair with my mission lx2 by watching good reviews in this forum. My opinion after an hour of listening is this thing should be reviewed by international audiophiles whom we watch on YouTube channels. It’s that good. Nothing can come close to power and performance below a price tag of 100000.

But should be careful while powering it on. Better to Turn off the volume knob completely always.

sound signature is close to marantz..

Just now package received. Listened to few songs from YouTube connecting to my iPhone and aux on Norge. I blindly bought Norge 1000 to pair with my mission lx2 by watching good reviews in this forum. My opinion after an hour of listening is this thing should be reviewed by international audiophiles whom we watch on YouTube channels. It’s that good. Nothing can come close to power and performance below a price tag of 100000.

But should be careful while powering it on. Better to Turn off the volume knob completely always.

Congratulations on your purchase. Give that amp sufficient time for burn in and it will sing at full throated ease. After burn in please write a detailed review in a separate thread.
Cheers

Congrats on a good amp-spk combo! Don't bother too much about that speaker thump it shouldn't do any harm.

My Suggestion is to invest in a good amp rather than a absolute starter.. invest in something like PM6006 you can't go wrong.

Norge amps are very good. It will take about 30 hrs runtime for burning in, after which it will sound good, but for full burning in, it will take about 60 to 70 hrs.

Norge is neutral to slightly bright sounding in comparison to Marantz's neutral to a somewhat laidback sound.

Thanks Vaasu on the new purchase.

Some additional updates from my end.

So far have not been able to get any auditions for other amplifiers. Have finalized on Norge Concerto Gold 1000 to pair with my existing Sony speakers. I have planned for 1 more final audition with Mr Laxman this coming weekend to listen and finalize the purchase.

I will be raising some of the points that valuable FM's have called out with Mr Laxman for more clarity.

Will keep the folks posted.

Can someone recommend any specific interconnects that I need to buy ? It would be great if I could get recommendations for the following connects.

1. 3.5 mm jack to RCA Cable - For Bluetooth (currently using Amazon Basics Cable)
2. 2 RCA to 2 RCA Cable - Pioneer DVD Player - DV-383 - for CD Playback (common CA cables available from electrical shop)
3. Speaker Cables (Amazon Basics 16 AWG)
4. UPS - Which brand would be recommended ?
5. Anything else needed ?

So far have not been able to get any auditions for other amplifiers. Have finalized on Norge Concerto Gold 1000 to pair with my existing Sony speakers. I have planned for 1 more final audition with Mr Laxman this coming weekend to listen and finalize the purchase.

I will be raising some of the points that valuable FM's have called out with Mr Laxman for more clarity.

Can someone recommend any specific interconnects that I need to buy ? It would be great if I could get recommendations for the following connects.

1. 3.5 mm jack to RCA Cable - For Bluetooth (currently using Amazon Basics Cable)
2. 2 RCA to 2 RCA Cable - Pioneer DVD Player - DV-383 - for CD Playback (common CA cables available from electrical shop)
+1 on Norge. I listened to Norge Reference 2000 just past weekend and for INR 18K, it was a lot of amplifier.

Get the best speakers you can by stretching your budget to as max as possible. IMO they contribute the most to the sound you ultimately hear. Amp next and then dac in that order.

A good source with high quality files are also to be not neglected.

1. I use a cheap cable from cablesetc , is decent. However get a custom one made from Murthy
2. Get one of Murthys custom rca cable. Will cost you 1800 + shipping , is way better than amazon basic /bandridge rca cables you get on Amazon
3. Belden 8477 12 awg cable @ 220/meter from Cinetekk chennai. Most of people who tried it have given a positive feedback over the amazon basic cable
4. Get the 1kva online ups being sold on the forum. APC/Eaton any is fine. I use Eaton Onlins UPS and they are decent

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back