Budget Stereo receiver

vijwilso

Hi Experts,
I need some advice in whether any good stereo receivers are available under 25k. Also whether the stereo receivers have the same sound quality as of integrated stereo amps? Thanks in advance

harman kardon has few stereo receivers. Two of them also have digital inputs.
sherwood also has a cheap stereo receiver available.

you can look at yamaha receivers RX-397 / RX-497 for around 15k

Cambridge audio also has good models....not sure whether they have a tuner

Thanks Raghav and anm,

Would like to know whether stereo receiver or Integrated amp will be better interms of sound quality

Any idea on pricing of yamahain India? On yamaha I found a 797 model as well quoted at $549.95

In hk, the top model is ~30k.

harman kardon has few stereo receivers. Two of them also have digital inputs.
sherwood also has a cheap stereo receiver available.

HK has had some issues lately around handshaking with HDMI. So I would wait or go with another brand though they are updating the AVRs with fixes often. still some issues remaining that they need to fix.

Yamaha, Pio or Denon are good. Also integrateds are a good choice such as the NAD series as the older models are being phased out.

most here find that integrated amplifiers sound better than steroe recievers including myslef

However the recievers also offer a tuner and some also offer a video input and output ( i think the HK does)
this makes switching between the sources easier.

Go and listen to a recievr and an integrated amp. Judge the difference yourself.
if you dont find much your options will be open and you can buy a comparitevely chaper reciever vis a vis and int amp

budget recievers are
Yamaha rx 397, 497 etc
Denon 1507,1509
marantz Sr 401 or sr 4001

if you gonna spend more than 16-17k on the receiver it makes sense to buy a 22-25k entry level integrated instead

HK has had some issues lately around handshaking with HDMI. So I would wait or go with another brand though they are updating the AVRs with fixes often. still some issues remaining that they need to fix.

Yamaha, Pio or Denon are good. Also integrateds are a good choice such as the NAD series as the older models are being phased out.

these stereo receivers do not have HDMI - so there shouldn't be any issue related to HDMI with them.

Does any one has an idea about pricing of 797?

Hi Magma,
Have you auditioned the stereo receivers being discussed here or just the surround receivers?
I like your postings on "noobs take". hope you can add some of these to your list of auditions.

regards

most here find that integrated amplifiers sound better than steroe recievers including myslef

However the recievers also offer a tuner and some also offer a video input and output ( i think the HK does)
this makes switching between the sources easier.

Go and listen to a recievr and an integrated amp. Judge the difference yourself.
if you dont find much your options will be open and you can buy a comparitevely chaper reciever vis a vis and int amp

budget recievers are
Yamaha rx 397, 497 etc
Denon 1507,1509
marantz Sr 401 or sr 4001

if you gonna spend more than 16-17k on the receiver it makes sense to buy a 22-25k entry level integrated instead

these stereo receivers do not have HDMI - so there shouldn't be any issue related to HDMI with them.

Does any one has an idea about pricing of 797?

Sorry I temporarily slipped on the stereo part and my line of thought was on AVRs as I noted after.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back