Budget Stereo to multi channel converter

alok_student2000

Hi friends,

I have a stereo 2 channel audio system with a stereo rca line out connector on the back. Since I already have front two channels active, I need a device that can fetch surround, center and subwoofer channels from the line out jacks.

So is there any specific converter available in market for the purpose? I usualy use my android phone for songs and movies as i dont have any dvd player.

0lease list tour setup in detail for better suggestions.

Dont think that such converter is available. Yiu can use rc spliters to feed other channels

Hi Ketan,

Thanks for the suggestion.

What I am looking for is something like this :

images

The ones available online are like 3-4 k which is out of my budget. So I need simething under like 300-400 Rs.

Thanks

you can get a jugaad surround channels by connecting surround speakers are L-R and R-L
sub - most subs would accept 2 channel inputs
centre, is a bit more complicated - is it essential?

Again I would suggest you tell us about your setup.

I think this thing is also using connections like spliter cables so you may do that as well.

Hi greenhorn,

The jugaad looks interesting. Could u please explain in more detail?
center channel is important if it makes big difference in music listening.other wise I can live without it

Hi Ketan,

My setup is
micro+system+sony+mhc+rg22+perfeito+potente+rio+de+janeiro+rj+brasil__37D9B6_1.jpg

and it has
cassette-deck-line-out.png

I need to use these for surround channel and center/sub woofer channel

Last edited:
Hi greenhorn,

The jugaad looks interesting. Could u please explain in more detail?
center channel is important if it makes big difference in music listening.other wise I can live without it

Hi Ketan,

My setup is
micro+system+sony+mhc+rg22+perfeito+potente+rio+de+janeiro+rj+brasil__37D9B6_1.jpg

and it has
cassette-deck-line-out.png

I need to use these for surround channel and center/sub woofer channel

Ok and this out will give in to what thing? What do you wanna attach this with? Do u have an avr with center and suround speakers?

I want to attach it to inputs of a device which will 'output' surround L, surround R, center and subwoofer (LFE) channel.

The output of this device will have 4 channels:
1. surround Left
2. surround Right
3. Center Channel
4. Subwoofer channel

These four will be connected to :

Stereo Amplifier1: surround left+surround right
Stereo amplifier2: center channel+subwoofer channel

This Device is what I am searching and it should be under 400 rs.

Thus the final setup will be the following:
1. Front Left and right channels: Already existing in current setup
2. Surround left and surround right channel: Amplified by Amplifier1
3. Center channel and subwoofer channel: Amplified by Amplifier2

So to attain this kind of setup I need that device to take the available stereo input shown in the picture above and output the surround, center and subwoofer signals for connecting further to the 2 stereo amplifiers.

Home Hi Fi

be warned that you will not be able to hear the rears distinctly - you'll just get an added sense of ambience -this helps for mostly movies

centre is not really required for music

Yeah, i tried that n felt the same.. Rear surround feeling was not there which is there in actual 5.1 systems. Seems like a converter is need in this case.

i had a very expensive 7.1 creative surround soundcard, and none of the upmix modes worked as well as the clone option in creating an immersive experience.

I think you may be fine with just splitting the sound

As of now i dont hav any amplifier. First of all I need to buy stereo to multichannel converter n that is what I am looking for on this forum.

Greenhorn, are u saying that the 'jugaad' u mentioned earlier is the best option available ??

the jugaad is the link i shared.
If your amp can drive 4 ohm speakers, and your current speakers are 8, you can add another 8 ohms in parallel

Nopes. There is no scope of parellel speakers as both the amp and speakers are of 6 ohms. So i can add only in series. Any ways, I am thinking of not adding anything.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back