Budget up to 4 lakhs for a home theatre. Kindly suggest options!

harishgonthina

Dear members,

This is my first post on this forum and I really do require your expertise to help me choose a home theatre for my apartment. This setup would be in the living room along with the TV. Please note, that I have already placed a order for Bose soundbar 700 along with the woofer and this purely for watching live shows, Travel and living (my mothet is an addict), cricket maybe and an occasional movie on HBO, star movies etc.. Now, i want to have a separate setup for the movies I wish to watch on the blu ray, amazon prime, net flix or Hotstar.
I have auditioned the Bose life style 650 series and they were good in their ways with impressive sound. However, i felt that the treble was on the higher side, no matter how much I have changed the settings. Apart from Bose, I have auditioned Tannoy and am unable to recollect the model number at this moment (shall update the model number soon). Please be informed that, I reside in Visakhapatnam and there is only store, which equips with the high end audio. So, kindly suggest all the models numbers and brands precisely as it would help me to audition them when I travel to hyderabad or bengaluru for this very purpose. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Harish

If you can share additional details like
Room size:
Type of setup: 5.1.2, 7.2.4 etc.
Only for movies or will be listening to music as well - percentage breakup will help - like 70:30, 80:20 etc.
Display is TV or Projector+Screen

Based on your budget I suggest auditioning the following:
Marantz 6013 and Denon 4500H
SVS Prime Speaker Systems: Tower, Center, Bookshelf etc.
SVS PB-2000 or SB-2000 subwoofers

Alternatively you can evaluate Pioneer and Yamaha AV Receivers
Elac, Dali, Monitor Audio, Emotiva Speakers

If you are coming to Bangalore, I can suggest some demo setups for auditioning.

Dear members,

This is my first post on this forum and I really do require your expertise to help me choose a home theatre for my apartment. This setup would be in the living room along with the TV. Please note, that I have already placed a order for Bose soundbar 700 along with the woofer and this purely for watching live shows, Travel and living (my mothet is an addict), cricket maybe and an occasional movie on HBO, star movies etc.. Now, i want to have a separate setup for the movies I wish to watch on the blu ray, amazon prime, net flix or Hotstar.
I have auditioned the Bose life style 650 series and they were good in their ways with impressive sound. However, i felt that the treble was on the higher side, no matter how much I have changed the settings. Apart from Bose, I have auditioned Tannoy and am unable to recollect the model number at this moment (shall update the model number soon). Please be informed that, I reside in Visakhapatnam and there is only store, which equips with the high end audio. So, kindly suggest all the models numbers and brands precisely as it would help me to audition them when I travel to hyderabad or bengaluru for this very purpose. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Harish
Hi Harish ! U have a very good budget . As said by our FMs u may need to specify some details like .Be patient in choosing and deciding the AV equipments.U may need to do auditioning to have better idea.
  1. Room Dimension - Possibly with a Sketch / Photo mentioning Door/Window size,positions etc.,
  2. Is the Room will be dedicated one for the Home Theatre setup.
  3. Ur Display unit - TV or Projector.
  4. Prefrence of listening - Movies : Music ratio.
  5. Ur HT setup speaker layout prefrences - 5.1 or 7.1 or with latest Dolby Atmos speaker layout prefrences like 5.12or 5.14 or7.1.2 or 7.1.4 etc
The above info will help the FM to suggest good setup according to ur needs.Remember there are plenty of optionsavailable in market ,it may suite your need.So choose it wisely.

AVR options : Marantz ,Denon,Yamaha,Pioneer (Depending upon your Budget and Speaker layout options,-the channels,Models can be selected)
Speaker Options : Mission,Dali ,Tannoy,Airmotiv ,Taga Harmony ,Polk,SVS,Klipsch,Jamo etc.

You can request the Forum member residing near by your locality to have demo oftheir setups .This will help a lot and give a fair idea to select.
Goodluck!!!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back